PDA

View Full Version : UNI vs. Stock foam

White_Knuckles
04-05-2003, 08:22 AM
Anyone have a noted flow improvment going from stock to a UNI filter? I just mounted a procircuit T-4 and opened up the snorkle. Bumped up the main and think a UNI might be the ticket.

But foam is foam, the stocker has had only one cleaning so would ordering a UNI even be worth it? I am looking for experiance swapping a UNI to stock and having the bike run richer pointing to airflow or the inverse.

Not even considering the K&N thing but thanks.

Dave400ex
04-05-2003, 08:43 AM
Unless you put some holes in your airbox lid or run no lid I don't think any filter will add power over stock. I ran a K&N with complete stock airbox, and now I am running a stock with no difference, but if I had no lid there might be. I think UNI is the way to go.

cals400ex
04-05-2003, 07:40 PM
the honda air filters are good from the factory. it would be a waste in my opinion. but i can give you two other options: you could buy these uni air vents. they come in a pack of six. they are little vent that will plug in your airbox lid. you have a cut a 1 inch hole in the lid per vent. or, you could remove the lid and get an outerwear that goes over the airbox. both these will provide more airflow. the outerwear would give more air than the vents but either one could give you a slight edge. by the way, you may have to bump the mainjet up one size with these mods. the air vents are around $10 for a six pack and the outerwear will be around $20.

RiPPiNiTuP7
04-05-2003, 11:36 PM
I highly recommend the UNI filter...its a good piece of mind knowing you have their filter blocking dust from getting into your motor :D

Sportrax10
04-06-2003, 05:30 AM
Originally posted by RiPPiNiTuP7
I highly recommend the UNI filter...its a good piece of mind knowing you have their filter blocking dust from getting into your motor :D

R-Crazy
04-06-2003, 05:48 AM
i have a K&N, but Fibe Industries has a kit where you cut the whole top off the air box and put an Outerware sheet over it. Nice power gain.

dave

Silverfox@C&DRacing
04-06-2003, 05:51 AM
A UNI will flow more air than the stock filter

04-06-2003, 09:41 AM
agreed, i went from the stocker to a uni but i did it the same time i put on my wb pipe. All i know is that its rips comepared to a stocker but the plastic bar comin up in ur air box gets in the way.