PDA

View Full Version : klaws vs knarlys

everest21
04-05-2003, 07:55 AM
Anyone have a strong opinion about Kenda Klaws vs. Knarlys. Read good things on here, one guy not a fan of Knarlys for some reason. For the rear of a 400ex, going with 20x11-9 , leaning towards the XC Klaws. Live in the southwest, can be on an alpine trail one day and the low desert the next. NOT racing.

Silverfox@C&DRacing
04-05-2003, 04:10 PM
The klaw is deffinatly a better tire, better tread pattern and a better rubber compound :cool:

250EXking
04-07-2003, 12:08 PM
hello

my buddy has kenda knarlies. we live in northeastern ohio and do alot of trail riding on loose and packed dirt and do some mx'ing. i have razrs and when i hopped on his bike i felt not to much difference in the traction. the knarlies on his 250ex look kinda funny being 22's they look big. but there great. hope this helps

________________-
*2002 honda 250ex
*White brothers e-series
*DG nerfs
*K&n airfilter and jet kit
*maxxis razrs

remlapr
04-07-2003, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by everest21
Anyone have a strong opinion about Kenda Klaws vs. Knarlys. Read good things on here, one guy not a fan of Knarlys for some reason. For the rear of a 400ex, going with 20x11-9 , leaning towards the XC Klaws. Live in the southwest, can be on an alpine trail one day and the low desert the next. NOT racing.

hahaha - that was probably me. I have some hate issues against those tires. They are horrible. Imagine taking some stock tire off the back off an old 200s trike and putting them on a 400EX and that is what it is like. I was litteraly afraid to go over 50mph because the backend was bouncing around so bad. I hear the Klaws are actually much better. I was running the 22" Knarly's

OutlawEX
04-07-2003, 01:05 PM
Klaws!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!1:blah

bump1
04-07-2003, 02:57 PM
I have had the knarly's on for about two and a half months now and I love them. We do a lot of trail riding and they are one tuff tire they hook up great and don't weigh much more than stock and are reasonably priced also 6 ply. Mine are the 20's I have had no problem with them bouncing at full speed. Great tire in my opinion!!;)

spud400ex
04-08-2003, 10:18 AM
i haven't had a single problem with my knarlys. when i rode with them the first time i rode hard as ever and didn't have a problem.

TIGER72
04-08-2003, 04:05 PM
I HAVE THE KLAWS, THEY ARE SWEET. GOOD TRACTION IN A VARIETY OF TERRAIN, AND GOOD TREAD LIFE SO FAR. I RIDE ON ALOT OF HARDPACK TRAILS AND ROCKY AREAS, AND FOR SOME REASON I CAN'T KEEP MY QUAD OUT OF MUD HOLES. :devil I HAVE NO COMPLAINTS WITH THE KLAWS YET. JUST MY 2 CENTS...

everest21
04-11-2003, 05:57 PM
Thanks to all you guys......gonna be ordering some klaws shortly.......cant beat the price......:D