PDA

View Full Version : YZ or CRF

1badcrf
04-05-2003, 05:36 AM
Hey this was most likely asked before but how is the power of each of these engines compare? I want a crf and most likely will get it but someone on here said it cost 1800 to destroke it and to run nationals..I thought the nationals moved the cc limit to 450 but dont know for sure...If i got the yz i would run the dry sump kit and bore it to 440...Let me know your info please....

Thanks in advance

Brad
04-05-2003, 05:43 AM
i dont know much about dirtbikes but id have to say which ever one come out in the end cheeper to complete and if moneys not an issue than get the crf souley because its a honda:D

HONDAS RULE:D

MX26
04-05-2003, 06:05 AM
I've never had any seattime on either of these quads, so I guess what I'm saying is pretty much observation and opinion, but.. Oh well. I have watched 1 rider get off a CRF and get on a YZ for the 2nd moto, and he was considerably faster on the CRF. I believe the CRF motor is smoother than the YZ, plus its easier to start. In the long run, I think you'd be better off with the CRF motor.

Yamaha's YZ450 motor... Well.. That might be another story

1badcrf
04-05-2003, 06:08 AM
well if i am going to spend all the money i might as well build a crf but i want to run nationals and it will cost 1800 to destroke to a 440? dont know what i should do.. i could mostlikely find a yz for around 2,000..

RiPPiNiTuP7
04-05-2003, 06:20 AM
If I did a conversion I would use the CRF, its a great engine, and your quad will be all Honda :D