PDA

View Full Version : Rejetting after pipe install

Sawicky
04-05-2003, 02:04 AM
I recently purchased a White Brothers E series silencer and was wondering what to do about jetting? What size jets and how hard is it? It doesn't backfire but I know I can gain al lot by rejetting..People told me if I backfire you need to rejet. Is this true..I want to learn how to rejet by myself...Please help...

tecate87
04-05-2003, 12:38 PM
what quad is this on???
you should rejet. might be running lean if not.

Chanman420q
04-05-2003, 03:39 PM
take ur carb off, unscrew the float bowl, u will see a little goldish thing... unscrew it. And put the new jet in, the pilot jet is right next to it, but you need a screw driver to get it out

Sawicky
04-05-2003, 04:57 PM
This will sound goofy but, where is the carb. What do I have to take apart to get to the carb..What screws do I take out to get to the jets...And what size should I use..People tell me to keep the factory pilot and just change the main..What do I do?

Chanman420q
04-05-2003, 05:46 PM
yep asking where the carb is, thats pretty goofey. Look for a yellow "tab" on the left side of the quad ( sitting on it ) thats your carb. Take it off and un screw the screws in the bottom of it.

EDIT: the tab is on the carb

timewass
04-06-2003, 02:11 PM
I hate to be critical, but if you don't even know where your carb is, then what the heck are you doing messing with jetting? Yuo need to get a service manual.