PDA

View Full Version : Oil leak around clutch shaft

oynot400
08-06-2001, 12:48 PM
I was out riding in the heat yesterday and noticed oil leaking around the shaft for the clutch. Does any one know if it takes a seal or an oring? I have to tear into it to replace the clutch, thought it would be a good time to fix it.
Also, when I take the side cover off is there a gasket there to replace. I would think so, but not for sure. I should get a shop manual for it.

xcntry
08-06-2001, 07:06 PM
Yes there is a gasket on the side cover and you will have to replace it it's almost impossible to get the side off without tearing it.Should only be about 7$. I'm not sure on the oring or seal. A owners manual is definetly worth the money. I'm still waiting for mine to come in the mail(They cant print them fast enough wont be until next month somtime). we have a service manual for my wifes warrior. They are definetly worth there weight in gold even just for regular maintenance.:D

08-08-2001, 08:18 AM
It's a seal, take the old one out, push the new one in.:D

08-09-2001, 08:00 PM
LOOK ON BACK PAGE OF YOUR OWNERS MANUAL
THERE IS INFO ON HOW TO ORDER A HONDA SERVICE MANUAL.
I GOT ONE AND IT IS GREAT.

oynot400
08-09-2001, 09:25 PM
I stop at the Honda shop tonight to pick up my gasket and seal, and you would not believe what else they had...a service manual for my 400ex! I was shocked, they hardly ever have anything on hand. I guess all the complaining I have done is starting to pay off.
I see it will be easy to replace, I even noticed that they have a bearing for the shaft instead of a bushing. That's another way Honda went the extra mile to insure quaility!:D