PDA

View Full Version : hetrick vs wb vs big gun

bluebaron
04-04-2003, 03:02 PM
my friend has wb full exhuats and i want to know it hetrick and big gun are lloader or quiter , and whick has most pwer.... i dont wnat a wb

OutlawEX
04-05-2003, 03:36 AM
I voted for Big Gun honestly..But what ever pipe u consider you will tell a huge increase in power

Scott400EX
04-05-2003, 03:50 AM
I'd say hetrick would make the most power out of the three but it is pretty loud.

oynot400
04-05-2003, 06:00 AM
I have a brand new Hetrick for sale. PM me if you are interested. ;)

bluebaron
04-05-2003, 01:56 PM
i dont want a loud pipe so i think i am going with big gun when i have money$$$

CBRSLIDER
04-05-2003, 03:03 PM
I have the hetrick pipe and have just run the quad a little since i put in on. i don't see that big of a difference between it and my wb e-series sound wise. it may be a hint louder but the power is totally different. what a nice increase. i'd recommend it.

ray

also oynot's pipe is a good deal for someone looking for one.

DaveEX7
04-06-2003, 12:15 PM
I've always been a fan of BG, and WB..... but Ive never seen anyone running a Hetrick

Its always a T-4, BG, WB, or Yoshi around here.

jhr400EX
04-06-2003, 05:14 PM
From my experiences, my big gun is louder than a wb or hetrick. It added tons of power in the low to mid range, and a noticeable amount on top. It looks pretty good too. Oh, and I know my tires are a wee bit bald lol.

SANDTRAX361
04-06-2003, 05:19 PM
id say big gunn exhaust is CRAP. my silencer broke. i called big gun and they said i can buy a new one for 460 bucks. they said since i bought the big gun race exhaust. i still have it and its for sale. you can weld aluminum the steal and like big gunn ill sell it to ya. all you need to buy is silencer packing. i ahev the head pipe and all teh silencer parks and end cap and the spark arrester. i dont have any pics of it. e-mail me
grntsndr@yahoo.com
later
Grant Snider
occra #361
ps I bought a curtis sparks x-6 pipe and it is hands down teh best exhaust i have ever ridden with. belive me ive ridden them all.

DaveEX7
04-07-2003, 02:13 AM
Ive heard MANY MANY great things about the X-6.... but is it real loud?

OCCRA288
04-07-2003, 02:39 AM
Hint Hint, The Hetricks pipe is almost an exact copy of the Sparks plus I think it's a lil cheaper. I also like the finish.

Oh and Grant, This is Eric from OCCRA see you @ WHORP

SANDTRAX361
04-07-2003, 01:14 PM
ill be there with my new curtis sparks rev box
see ya sat afternoon and we can go practice a few laps.
later
Grant Snider
occra#361

DaveEX7
04-11-2003, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by OCCRA288
Hint Hint, The Hetricks pipe is almost an exact copy of the Sparks plus I think it's a lil cheaper. I also like the finish.

Oh and Grant, This is Eric from OCCRA see you @ WHORP

Will the Hetricks rust like the Sparks wil?

Giz400ex
04-11-2003, 02:05 PM
I think the rust part is a fluke thing!! There's only 1 person on here that has had problems with his Sparks rusting. Everyone says that there's has no rust!!! The difference in price between the Hetrick and Sparks is like $10.00. Hetrick wants $439 and C&D wanted $450 (ceramic), unless there price has change??

DaveEX7
04-13-2003, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Giz400ex
Hetrick wants $439

Is that for ceramic?

Giz400ex
04-13-2003, 01:00 PM
I believe that it is! You might want to double check that price from Hetrick either by phone or www.hetrickracing.com:D

DaveEX7
04-13-2003, 01:04 PM
Hetrick 400ex Exhaust Ceramic Coat 439.00

Giz400ex
04-13-2003, 01:19 PM
Alrighty, there ya go!! You gonna get the Hetrick?? I've yet to see or hear one but I recently bought a Sparks. I was seriously considering buying the Hetrick but my friend wasn't really happy with the Dyno runs it showed and kinda got me thinking and I said "the hell with it". Went with the one that has proven to be the big dog!! But, I'm kinda nervous about the loudness of it:eek2: We'll see :confused:

DaveEX7
04-13-2003, 02:04 PM
Alrighty, there ya go!! You gonna get the Hetrick?? I've yet to see or hear one but I recently bought a Sparks. I was seriously considering buying the Hetrick but my friend wasn't really happy with the Dyno runs it showed and kinda got me thinking and I said "the hell with it". Went with the one that has proven to be the big dog!! But, I'm kinda nervous about the loudness of it:eek2: We'll see :confused:

Well I think I'm gonna stick with WB cause around here the noise is a bit of an issue, but not a big one, but ive heard a sparks b4 when its climbin a hill..... my god is it loud, its like runnin the quad with out the muffler on back.

And plus with the E-series I can tune the sound a bit.

lilpoppy
04-13-2003, 02:11 PM
I think the rust part is a fluke thing!! There's only 1 person on here that has had problems with his Sparks rusting. Everyone says that there's has no rust!!! The difference in price between the Hetrick and Sparks is like $10.00. Hetrick wants $439 and C&D wanted $450 (ceramic), unless there price has change??

Oh it is no fluke. Me and my friend both have one and both of ours are rusting. We were riding at Pismo beach around salt water but we stayed completely clear of any water and kept our quads completely covered over night so no condensation would get on them and we completely washed the down as soon as we got home and STILL the have started to rust. Over all I think it is a great pipe but if you are worried about noise or spark arrestors at all dont get it. It isn't worth the hassle or money.

oynot400
04-14-2003, 12:54 AM
I priced a Sparks from C&D, it was over $500. :ermm:

TheChknhwk
04-14-2003, 01:16 AM
Word to the wise, I bought a biggun full system for a warrior before I bought the 400 & the head pipe was a POS, after less than a year of use the coating was peeling right off it & biggun didn't want to stand behind it. I recommend something stainless for the headpipe if you want to replace the stocker which really doesn't have anything wrong with it. Do a search for grinding head pipe welds...

tkatka70
04-14-2003, 08:52 AM
I like White Brothers

DESDAK4
04-14-2003, 08:59 AM
Just get the Hetrick you will be very happy. Be sure to tell them you found out about here at EXriders.

Jay
USAF
AMMO

Giz400ex
04-14-2003, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by oynot400
I priced a Sparks from C&D, it was over $500. :ermm: You might want to double check with them again:D :eek2:

Str8Wicked
04-14-2003, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by lilpoppy
Oh it is no fluke. Me and my friend both have one and both of ours are rusting. We were riding at Pismo beach around salt water but we stayed completely clear of any water and kept our quads completely covered over night so no condensation would get on them and we completely washed the down as soon as we got home and STILL the have started to rust. Over all I think it is a great pipe but if you are worried about noise or spark arrestors at all dont get it. It isn't worth the hassle or money.

no offense... but any metal exhaust will start rusting if you are riding at Pismo a lot of your time.. The ocean air will eat anything metal alive...... Anyways the sparks and hetricks are ceramic coated so if anything will rust it will be the bolts, or end of the tip... My CT gets some rust sometimes and all I do is hit it with some polish and no more problem....

lilpoppy
04-14-2003, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Str8Wicked
no offense... but any metal exhaust will start rusting if you are riding at Pismo a lot of your time.. The ocean air will eat anything metal alive...... Anyways the sparks and hetricks are ceramic coated so if anything will rust it will be the bolts, or end of the tip... My CT gets some rust sometimes and all I do is hit it with some polish and no more problem....

I totally agree that riding in Pismo or at any beach for that matter it will rust anything metal but the fact is that we have only ridden there 1 time since we bought it for one single reason and the bolts have absolutly no rust on them it is in fact the ceramic coated headders that have all the rust. There is no rust anywhere else on my entire bike because I am extremely anal about keeping it spotless. I'm not bashing the pipe I love the power gains and sound but the fact is i have seen two brand new ones start to rust in one trip and that is a very bad thing. Just think what will happen when I go a few times.