PDA

View Full Version : Big Gun way better than DG?

Dex
04-04-2003, 08:58 AM
I have been looking into a 2000 Honda 400EX with Works shocks nerf bars, 440 kit and many other things including a DG pipe.
THe thing is I know DG pipes blow but I really dont want to dish out the pipe for another pipe unless I can get it real cheap like off of Ebay but the thing is I hardley ever see anything but Big Gun pipes on Ebay for 400EXs...
THe thing is I know the DG sucks but I know BIg Gun definitly is not an amazing pipe either would the difference between a DG and Big Gun be worth it? Or should I get the quad and ride it with the DG until I see a good pipe like a White Brothers comes up on Ebay?

jay's 300
04-04-2003, 09:06 AM
I'd just get the quad and then worry about switching pipes! Besides, I like my DG! :blah

killed300ex
04-04-2003, 09:38 AM
I have never heard anyhting bad about big gun i think that they are way better than dg dg actually makes you loose horse power same as cobra. Also what kind of dg pipe does he have on it?
killed

1fast400ex
04-04-2003, 09:44 AM
i used to run a white bros slip on then i tried a dg with header it made a big difference with the header. also i got the whole dg system used for 50bucks it was only one month old so it was worth the trouble switching the headers. on the drag strip the dg was quicker the the wb slip on.

jay's 300
04-04-2003, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by killed300ex
dg actually makes you loose horse power same as cobra

If you lost horse power w/ a dg then you had seious problems, cause my dg made a big noticeable power increase, especially bottom end. Even w/ a 14T c/s there was no noticeable bottem end loss. My buddy says the same. No clue about a Cobra though. :devil

Dex
04-04-2003, 10:26 AM
"The DG system, with a Dynojet 138 main jet, was better than the stock system in both the low end and midrange, but dropped below stock at the max power level. Its hp numbers did surpass the stocker once the speeds hit close to 50 mph. "

I am thinking that this means it is an awesome pipe down low but the top end I am confused I think it is saying it has less horsepower on the top end then stock but the quad still reaches higher speeds with the DG pipe over stock.

OutlawEX
04-04-2003, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by killed300ex
I have never heard anyhting bad about big gun i think that they are way better than dg dg actually makes you loose horse power same as cobra. Also what kind of dg pipe does he have on it?
killed

Big Gun is 100 times better than DG...Dg dont compare to Big Gun

TC17
04-04-2003, 11:13 AM
my "3??"EX has a full system Big Gun and it sounds sweet! i love it. has nice power and i'd reccomend it to anyone.

stiffy
04-04-2003, 11:18 AM
I love my BIG GUN:D

redroost85
04-04-2003, 01:18 PM
I've got the DG X-cellerator full exhaust and I am happy with it. I know many dudes don't like DG for whatever reason....some I can understand, but I have been impressed with my DG...and it puts out one he!! of a bark!:D

TC17
04-04-2003, 03:03 PM
i think Big Gun is a more professional pipe than a DG X-Cellerator. i think the X-Cellerators are made for 250EX's. but DG makes GREAT stuff! i got some alloy nerfs from them and have them on my 300. they look sweet! we also have them on my dad's 400EX. i heard some of DG's pipes are loud and annoying. my dad had a 250X with a DG pipe that was loud and abnoxious (sp?). i LOVE my Big Gun because i can heard my rpm's great while having a mean tone. some pipes like the FMF Megamax i couldn't estimate what rpm's i was in to the nearest 3 thousanth. it was that bad. it was just loud and gay. the Big Gun is just awesome. but i personally think DG stuff is high quality and great! but i don't like some of their pipes.