PDA

View Full Version : places to ride near Duquion & Marion IL

12-18-2001, 05:24 PM
listed in Dirt Wheels article I was told there is a list of places to ride. one thats near Marion IL, of mention it said it had aprox 400 acres and race tracks, one has a 120ft downhill triple......

the second is a race track only I think near DuQuion IL.
if anyone knows anynore to these places lets here it.

Zingnut
12-19-2001, 07:32 AM
The Little Egyptian OHV area is east of Marion on the 2nd Crab Orchard Road entrance. the area requires a $11 OHV sticker good for one year, $10 a day per bike, and you must sign in and out. Its nice its old strip mine area. Lots of rocks and tight trails almost inch clearance sometimes from rims to trees. The trees have won a few times with me. It has a mini and AMA motocross track. They also host the SOIL series and Mid-South series harescrambles. Its a nice place to ride and the people are great. I am not much on the tight trails and the rocks that beat the crap out of ya. Whn you ride the trails don't expect to get much out of second if that. The DuQuoin area is just Motocross track and I have never tried it out. Give Little Egyptian a whirl and see for yourself its cool it has stuff for most anyone. If you find them there are some great jumps in the woods area. Have Fun!!!!

RIKR4X
12-19-2001, 04:05 PM
Hey KBperf have you ever rode at hawk point in colimba mo.? I went their and watched ,track is way cool!

Mity Mo
12-19-2001, 06:49 PM
If I was you I would not try the track at Hawk Point without some sort of shockwears on all shocks. That track is nothing but rocks. It pitted up my front shocks so bad that it actually caused seals too leak. They were brand new ZPS shocks. Duquoin isnt a bad track but he may not let quads there next year. Belleville,IL is not a bad track but very technical. And only races 4 times a year for MX, no practice. Salem,IL is a kick arse track with great jumps for begginers to intermediate. No practice but plenty of racing. Casey,IL is the best around here. It will be hosting a GNC National this year so I would suggest if you never been there to check it out. $50 a year for a memberhip and races almost every weekend from Feb-Nov. If you need any pics or info on other kick arse tracks around here just ask.

Whats up Jeff? Merry X-Mas buddy.:D

12-19-2001, 09:13 PM
The only place beside local fields/woods and such that I have been is St Joe state park in Farmington, MO.
I have been there prob 20 times in 5 years on my old ATC 350x and now my 400ex.
after that many times I have been pretty much everywhere that you can go legally and unfortunately there were no barricades or markers once and ended up WAY out of the riding area, didnt get caught though.
Not much on actually running a race so I guess all those tracks are outta the question.
I am thinking of Little Sahara in OK this memorial day weekend with some friends and possibly LBL in KY also this spring. never been to ethier but anything different would be better.
I will try to get to Little Eygptian OHV. I am not sure where you are talking about east of Marion. its rt 13 right? but where after that? I looked on the map and cant figure what entrance you mean.

Zingnut
12-21-2001, 01:55 PM
Off Interstate 57/24 you need to take Rt 13 east. It will take you through Marion. The second Crab orchard Road is about 10 to 15 miles on your right hand side. If you pass that road you will see a sheet metal building with the sign on your right hand side, the building has motorcycle and other advertisements on it if I remember right. You need to turn around and go back to the Crab orchard Road if you see the building. The reason I say the second Crab orchard Road is because it meets up with Rt 13 in two places. So take the second one you see on your right and then take the first left and you can figure it out from there.

Merry Xmas to you too Brian, tell Jason and family the same.

nateftbl
06-02-2003, 02:44 PM
theres also a track in St Gen, MO. probably going to check it out soon. Anybody race MX on this post??? anybody go to the Casey national last weekend?