PDA

View Full Version : What next!

josh
04-03-2003, 03:52 PM
i am confused!
i will have about 2,400-2,600 to spend on a quad really soon and i am stepping out of my 250x, and i don't want a 300ex cuz that isn't much of a step-up, i am really interested in the suzuki lt250r because a really clean sound running lt250 were i live goes for about 2,400-3,000 so that's in my ballpark, anybody got any opinions or suggestions on what i should get next

CHAUNCY
04-03-2003, 03:54 PM
I would go with the Lt250 if its in your price range. They are good bikes.

FourFiftyFour
04-03-2003, 04:04 PM
a guy i ride and race with has one and hes been tryin to sell it forever... it breaks down every race and always gives him problems... ive never heard anyone comment about relialbility from them... tho i dunno maybe its coincedence i know a lot of ppl who have had bad experiences with them... look around... there are good deals out there on all sorts of quads... i should know, good luck on your search. I have a 250x for sale if u might be interested but I might have it sold.

nojoke4stroke
04-03-2003, 04:28 PM
Look for a 250r. I just saw an 89 for sale in my local paper the other day w/full TT setup and over 20 national wins under its belt for 3500,thats an extreme he was only selling it because he was getting a divorce and she was going to try and take it from him.He said i'll give it away b4 you take it.Anyway,look for an average 1,i see tons for sale all the time.They are the best quad ever made so how could you go wrong.If you dont see any locally check on ebay,i see lots of em there too.

remlapr
04-03-2003, 04:41 PM
If you trail ride and your going to have money to fix it up, get a '99 ex that hasn't been taken the best care of. If you are going to trail ride and you aren't going to be having money to fix it up anytime soon, get a warrior :eek: Yeah I said it. If you are wanting to race MX and will have money to fix it up get the EX or an R, if your going to want to race and aren't going to have money to fix it up get a 300ex with mods, or maybe even a tricked out blaster :eek: I said it again.

josh
04-07-2003, 04:00 PM
well thanks for all the opinions, thanks for the offer 250xchick but i already have a '91 250x and that's wut i'm sellin, and i can't buy any, ANY 250r around here for under 3500, those things are super pricey here in arizona, i mean really pricey, 3500 for a 250r is junk were i live, 4 grand is pretty good tho, and as far as blasters go i want something bigger than that, and a 300ex isn't much more power than my 250x, so it looks like my best bet is a super clean well kept lt250, my buddy used to have one and they liked theirs alot, and i've seen some really awesome clean lt's out here that start first second kick, people out in the desert seem to know alot about keeping up 2 strokes, most guys anyways, i'll get back to you guys on what i get, i won't really have any money for the quad becuase i'm fixin up my 69' mustang and mostly every penny i have goes into it, thanks for all the opinions, any others would be great