PDA

View Full Version : Gunner kill switch on 250ex ?

redroost85
04-03-2003, 12:50 PM
Has anyone put this on their quad? I have never done this before. Does the hookup go in the removeable black box up under the left hand side? Also is it the black with white stripe wire that I need to use? Also, where did you ground it to the frame? I know this is a lot. Please show any pics or any other info I might need to know.......thanks guys!

JABracing#7
04-03-2003, 03:02 PM
Does drilling the holes in the airbox improve power???? Does it need to be rejeted after doing this???? Do you have any pics???

redroost85
04-04-2003, 02:07 AM
JAB, yeah, I finally was able to take my ride to the track the other day and I noticed a big improvement on acceleration. I didn't rejet cause I knew I was running rich (I pulled and replaced the plug) If you know you are running lean just get some ducktape and cover the holes. I got no pics of my airbox lid, sorry.

Now, can anyone give me some info on how to install the Gunner kill switch on a 250ex? Please help, I don't wanna zap myself!:D

Doibugu2
04-04-2003, 02:47 AM
I don't know where it is on the 250 but on my 400 right below the gas tank on the clutch side of the bike is the coil. Mine was held on by two bolts. Its a little black thing about 2x's the size of a D cell battery. Unbolt it from the bike. Then you have to hook it up to the black wire with the white stripe, like you said. Mine even had a waterproof connection there, so I was just able to take the connection apart and splice that in. Then put the coil back on. When you do that, you take your ground use one of the bolts that connect the coil to the frame as your ground. Your all good from there. you might want to take some of the paint off the frame so you get a good ground.

JABracing#7
04-04-2003, 04:14 AM
How many holes did you drill?

redroost85
04-04-2003, 01:00 PM
JAB, I am assuming you are talking about the airbox lid? I drilled five one inch holes in the lid. 3 right down the middle and 2 on either side if that matters to you. I got a drill bit, I call it a spade bit, they are mostly for cutting wood but worked fine for me. It was definitely worth it.....I was amazed at the boost it gave my 250!:D

Doibugu2.......thanks man. What kind of kill switch do you run?

Doibugu2
04-04-2003, 01:30 PM
I have the gunner same as you.

JABracing#7
04-05-2003, 04:42 AM
Thanks for the help sorry I couldnt help you...:(

flying400ex
04-05-2003, 05:21 AM
Yea i just spliced them to and grounded it to the frame right between the fender and the mount it works good.

redroost85
04-05-2003, 02:17 PM
Thanks for all of your help guys. I have a had a few too many Rocks tonight, so I will give it a go tomorrow afternoon!:D

redroost85
04-06-2003, 11:09 AM
Doibugu2 or anyone else here......Man, these directions that came with it are as clear as a puddle. A few more questions if you don't mind. 1.How did you seperate the wire hookups from the black box? 2. Then, I see a black wire with a white stripe...do I just pull that wire out and plug it into the kill switch part that has the clear sleeve? 3. Then, do I plug in the metal looking thingy (looks like a short fishing bobber) back into where the wire originally was? I have a good idea where to ground to but this is ticking me off. If you have any pics that would be cool also. Doggone it I am a visual learner and this directions that came with it suck! Please help, I don't want to fubar anything! Thanks again for dumbing this down for me, lol!:D

flying400ex
04-06-2003, 11:56 AM
i didnt even go through the box. what i did was i looked at the wireing diagram in my owners manual i found the wire that was suppose to be the one coming from the stock kill switch. i think mines green and borwn or somthing i dont rememeber i did it a long time ago but anyway i just cut the line and spliced the ends from the kill switch into the stock ones and then i wrapped it in electrical tape and i grounded between the fram and plastic i havent had a problem with it yet and it works everytime i wipe it :D