PDA

View Full Version : Just Curious!

EXDUNER127
04-03-2003, 09:31 AM
ALOT OF YOU GUYS HAVE ALOT OF MODS LIKE:SHOCKS, ENGINE,CARB, SUSPENSION, ETC. WHERE DO YOU BALLERS GET THE CASH, ARE SOME OF YOU WEALTHY TO BEGIN WITH OR HAVE HIGH PAYING JOBS, DONT HAVE GIRLFRIEND BOYF, CARS OR DO YOU JUST SPEND ALL YOUR DOE ON YOUR BIKE AND LET YOUR GIRL EAT THE DOLLAR MENU, CAUSE IM JEALOUS AND JUST WANT TO HEAR SOME REASONS CAUSE EVERY TIME i WANT TO BUY SOMETHING FOR MY BIKE i HAVE TO SPEND IT ON BILLS..LUCKY *****ES

AtvMxRider
04-03-2003, 09:32 AM
Work 2 jobs. It works for me;)

skinrider440
04-03-2003, 09:40 AM
i raise cattle to pay for my quad and mods

wilkin250r
04-03-2003, 09:50 AM
It's all about your priorities. You'd be suprised how much money you spend on the little stuff. Driving into town when you don't need to, eating out, pizza, beer, cell phone bill, designer clothes...

Alot of people, if they have $100 in their pocket, will go out to dinner or a movie. If I have $100 in my pocket, that's $100 closer to my 350cc powervalve motor!

UglyMotha™
04-03-2003, 11:43 AM
credit cards woo hoo:p

honda_250x_87
04-03-2003, 12:52 PM
ya.. but alot of ppl just have rich parents.. ahh well, im gettin a job soon, gotta put some money in my bike.. e-series exhause, rear shock, rear bearing carrier & tires & then im all set!

Glow Plug
04-03-2003, 12:56 PM
it takes me for ever to come up with cash i make about 600 dollars a year ( from christmas, b;days pocket money etc) and thats cdn :( so i am looking for a small job this year so i can put some cash away :)

nojoke4stroke
04-03-2003, 12:58 PM
You got it all backwards man,your girl should be buying you stuff ie. parts for your quad.Reallistically which one will you have in 5 years,or better yet which one do you want in 5 years.My girl used to always rag on me about how much time i spent riding and how much money i spent on my quad,where are we now?Well i just got home from riding if that tells you anything about my priorities. Im currently selling 2 cars,89 T-bird SC and an 88 MR2 that ive been paying for over the last 7 years to pay for my 500 stroker kit whatever moneys left plus my job will pay for my chassis mods. Wilkin250r hit the nail on the head when he said priorities though.Drop the cell phone,credit cards,and eating out,my boss did and he saved like $3000-$5000

wilkin250r
04-03-2003, 01:22 PM
Yeah, people think "Gosh, if I only had $1000 to complete my engine mods!!" while eating Burger King every day and buying a bunch of CD's and a pizza every payday. Yeah, a $.99 whopper isn't a whole lot of cash, but that's where it starts. Save your nickels and pennies, you'd be suprised what you end up with.

Priorities. Is your 500cc stroker kit worth more to you than your Taco Bell?

04-03-2003, 01:31 PM
i get my cd's for fre cuz my friend burns them for me, i save up every last penny from my lucnh money every day, that gave me 54.63 the other day to help pay for my engine, thats from the begining of they year so save your change, it does help, then when i ned money i find somethng that i dont need to sell, i alos polish stuff for pther people for a litle extra cash, it all adds up but my 40 dollar bill for my cell phone doesnt help it any, i cant drop it either, i need it, its liek having your own personal phone line wherever you go

Ryan
04-03-2003, 01:34 PM
I havn't had much money to afford much but I just got a job today on the side :) . Im going to be fixing generators and lawnmowers.... Probably on the weekends. Im finally gonna have some money to put into a new quad.

Its about time I found a job :scary:

Like many have said above, don't stop and buy burger king, or none of that crap! Put some money away every week and eventually you will have some money to blow on your quad :blah .

toby400ex
04-03-2003, 01:48 PM
i spend every last cent on my quad and saving for a quad hauler, but i guess mowing grass for 7 months a year will do that.:o

redneckwheeler
04-03-2003, 01:53 PM
I just got a weekend job durin the day and party at night when i get home and fix peoples rides for some extra cash on the side. i dunno know if your still in school or not but i also make my mom gimmie lunch money and i keep:D

nastynotchback1
04-03-2003, 02:19 PM
i didnt have anything when i was younger but now i make great money and spend it all on my stang and 400ex.of coure that comes after paying all my bills and taking care of the wife and kids

quader400
04-03-2003, 02:21 PM
i always keep my lunch money. 5 bucks a day 5 days a week really adds up. i also used to be into paintballing and my very rich friend gave me a 500 dollar gun wich i sold and along with my lunch money bought me my elkas. now i need to find a way to get the a-arms for the shocks. hey anyone wanna buy a big foot goped for 200 dollars?:D

Big - D Racing
04-03-2003, 02:23 PM
I run a Pimpin' buisness. I have over 500 ho*s who work throughout the state of California. They bring me the cash and I then go straight to Duncan racing and see what new parts I can buy for my quad. Not too bad of a buisness I run. If your ever in California let me know, I'll give you one of my top quality girls at a discounted EXriders rate. Look what them Who**s have gotten me so far:

BigThumper33
04-03-2003, 02:27 PM
I work from end of school till 5pm. I get out of school at 11am. I spend about 10 bucks a week on gas, 5-10 on food, 5 on party beverages ;), and the rest goes into the quad. Screw the girls, let them pay :)

ridered86
04-03-2003, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Big - D Racing
I run a Pimpin' buisness. I have over 500 ho*s who work throughout the state of California.

got any willin to fly to massachusetts?:D ;)

EXDUNER127
04-03-2003, 03:24 PM
see I wish I was like you guys, but I am to cheap I buy everyone else things but my self see I dont only take my self out to eat but all my friends, But I sac=ve alot to and right before my tranny on my truck went to shiznit I ahd 2 g's to go into my bike oh how nice hat would have been who knew it would cost 1,950.00 to fix the truck, so with my 50.00 bucks I bought me an billet gas cap and really appreciate it, now that I saved up again my biatch desides she wants to get married, so we have to save for a house but I have been making extra money on the side, sshhh seh dont know...hehe shes blonde she wont be able to tell that my bikes faster. i have bad luck with money i need to start pimping some ladies.lol

JOEX
04-03-2003, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
It's all about your priorities. You'd be suprised how much money you spend on the little stuff. Driving into town when you don't need to, eating out, pizza, beer, cell phone bill, designer clothes...

Alot of people, if they have $100 in their pocket, will go out to dinner or a movie. If I have $100 in my pocket, that's $100 closer to my 350cc powervalve motor!

Exactly!!:) :macho

....50.00 bucks I bought me an billet gas cap and really appreciate it, .....

To me NO gas cap is worth $50:rolleyes:

Joe

EXDUNER127
04-03-2003, 03:55 PM
I only paid 30....It goes good with black plastic I dont only want my bike to be fast but sweet lookin also, I want to be able to whoop ***** on the the way up and look sweet on the way down catch my drift, Im a dreamer but someday.

RED121572
04-03-2003, 04:36 PM
Ive been out on my own working for just about 10 years. It wasnt until four years ago that I bought my first quad. Im fortunate enough to have enough income that allows me to live a happy lifestyle...(which includes going to 4punks in May...:blah ) and to have a few expensive hobbies. :)

"Good things come to those who wait."

LapTraffic
04-03-2003, 08:34 PM
Go to school, get a good job, marry a chick who makes even more than you, then revisit these expensive hobbies.

Financially it's a hell of a lot easier at 30, now I just need a new body for riding :)

Castor-426ex
04-03-2003, 08:40 PM
i got a great paying but lots of paperwork....Job

YZROOSTINYA
04-03-2003, 11:15 PM
I work full time and do side jobs for my dad and do alot of stuff for other people here and there. I am also a landlord and have been investing recently.

I spend money on the things that are important like engine work and shocks.stickers don't make my quad any better.

where I ride it's black after the first 5 minutes and my parents could care less how pretty it is when its in the garage.

I have been working on saving instead of spending. You can use credit cards to your advantage also. Get a 0% card and invest into something that earns 2-3-4%. your making money from some else's cash. Just goot know how to play the game.

Or get a sweet *** job that pays oodles, something that I do NOT have.

I have many interests but off-roading is a big one, and right now my licensed is suspended so I am not spending any money on a streetbike and no major car bills cause its almost paid off.

oynot400
04-04-2003, 03:14 AM
I have a rich uncle. :) You may know him, John Deere. :D Everyonce in a while he lets me work overtime, so I have some extra money for that something extra.
By the way, having no girlfriend, no wife and no kids makes it alot easier. :eek:

kargaaro
04-04-2003, 05:52 AM
Every birthday/x-mas graduation etc...............quad parts

My girlfriend got me new goggles with roll of system for Valentines Day.

Credit Cards are Great but the darn things Max Out!!!

It's all in your priorities.............

kargaaro
04-04-2003, 06:10 AM
Every birthday/x-mas graduation etc...............quad parts

My girlfriend got me new goggles with roll of system for Valentines Day.

Credit Cards are Great but the darn things Max Out!!!

It's all in your priorities.............

infantry317
04-04-2003, 07:33 AM
Go to at least two years of college in a field that pays worth a damn. I'm not really disciplined with $ so I over pay my taxes on my paycheck, so I get about $4k back from Uncle Slam each February. I still have to watch the budget bigtime. :blah

wilkin250r
04-04-2003, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by infantry317
I'm not really disciplined with $ so I over pay my taxes on my paycheck, so I get about $4k back from Uncle Slam each February.

Yeah, that's a big one! If you're not too good with saving money, claim zero deductions on your W-2 and overpay your taxes. That way, you don't really notice it missing if it's not there on your paycheck in the first place.

Then, come tax return time, $$$$:cool: