PDA

View Full Version : pipes

12-18-2001, 10:21 AM
I want a pipe for my 300 but i want something good i want to know if a yoshimura is a good pipe for a 300 ex. because i found a kit at motojoe that comes a yoshi pipe, rev box, k&n, jet kit,and a new spark plug. i really dont think it would be worth it but i dont know tell your ideas.

velociraptor
12-18-2001, 03:14 PM
Yoshi are great pipes but for a cheaper price you could egt a big gun which is the same design. T4 is supposed to be the best for the 400ex.

12-19-2001, 10:19 AM
I am narowed down to yoshi or fmf but i want to know which pipe did better on a 300 ex. also are yoshi pipes loud? oh i forgot about procircuit are they a good pipe and are they loud i want good tone but not mind boggeling.

sly400ex
12-19-2001, 10:54 AM
Pro Circuit pipes are awesome. I always get compliments about the way it sounds, it sounds very aggressive. They are a little loud, but good loud. The lower power gains and throughout are excellent too.

ChadEXer
12-19-2001, 12:32 PM
Man just go with the Yoshi. Its got that V-8 sound and it looks damn good. Go to Marcums site and look at EX exhausts and he even rated Yoshi as #1. They have the best quality and workmanship and have proven themselves in races for a long time. If you want to get one for a great price look up Dallas Honda on the net. Talk to Colby and tell him Chad sent you. He will hook you up. He gets them straight from Yoshi, no middle man. Let me know what you do. I bought the full system from them for $425. It retails for $499. I had a Big Gun on my bike before and the whole thing rusted. I bought it that way.

Dave400ex
12-19-2001, 02:15 PM
I would get a Curtis Sparks pipe. They make great pipes for the 400ex so I`m sure the 300ex pipe is just as good.

MichaelS693
12-19-2001, 07:41 PM
get a sparks....I am

Chef
12-19-2001, 09:36 PM
if the big gun rusted it wasnt a big gun, they are ceramic coated, which means they never lose their finish

TRX250EXER
12-19-2001, 11:51 PM
Hey I have a friend that has a WhiteBrothers E-Series on his 300ex. He loves it and he has been riding quads for years! He told me to get one too and I am. The thing I like about them is they have interchangable disks in the silencer so you can adjust how the quad runs. You can change it to be better for low end or mid or high. Matters on how many disks you put in it. It sounds really nice too. Loud but not too loud, like the big gun or something. Supertrapp has the same idea also. they are adjustable. The only bad thing is they are a little expensive.

mysticfalcon
12-20-2001, 01:01 AM
hows the sound on the supertrapp the internal discs seem kinda cool. I like the idea of being tuneable but i dont like the disc look like the white bros. they look like they might cut down sound but does anyone know what it really sounds like

ChadEXer
12-20-2001, 08:30 AM
Man Im telling you my Big Gun was rusted. Everything except the silencer itself. I dont know what the guy did that had the bike before me but it was definately rusted..BAD. I put the Yoshi on and noticed a big difference in power gain over the Big Gun. I think maybe because the headpipe on the Yoshi is much bigger.

Chef
12-20-2001, 09:55 AM
maybe he tried polishing it and took all the coating off it or something...thats kind of weird. i ordered the Big Bore Chrome exhaust from LRD yesterday, just because the headers are bigger. well, and its chrome :D

ChadEXer
12-20-2001, 10:50 AM
That could be. Maybe it was an older Big Gun pipe. You know how they have colored badges on the side and say the series(like racing)? this one wasnt colored and didnt say the series. It just said Big Gun. Thats weird isnt it. It sounded good though. But the Yoshi is a little bit louder

kid300ex
12-20-2001, 12:35 PM
Go with the procurcit, I love mine, it sounds so MOSTERIOUS! its not really loud either untill you put the hammer down then its just grabiin gears and keeping the wheels spinin from there

joe250
12-20-2001, 12:52 PM
does the t-4 slip-on give much more top end?