PDA

View Full Version : Please Help me

Jellyrolls
04-03-2003, 08:06 AM
I need help. My quad cuts out for maybe a half a second wile going...would idling to high be the prob?

Guy400
04-03-2003, 09:37 AM
Cuts out where? Cuts out while idling? Full throttle? 1/2 throttle? Just cruising with light throttle? Smooth terrain or rough?

wilkin250r
04-03-2003, 12:19 PM
Idling too high won't cause your quad to cut out. It will go through gas faster, and possibly overheat faster if you let it idle for long periods of time.

If your quad is cutting out, it could be any number of problems. Try the easy things first. Replace the spark plug and clean your air filter. If you still have the problem, clean your carb and check your jetting. If you STILL have the problem, things get a little more complicated.

Jellyrolls
04-03-2003, 12:45 PM
it cuts-out 1/2 throttle....i have cleaned my air filter but i havent done anything to the spark plug...that can be a prob?

wilkin250r
04-03-2003, 01:14 PM
Your spark plug could have deposits on it that cause it to misfire every so often. Plus, you want to try the easy things first.

Even if your spark plug isn't the problem, it's a good idea to have a fresh spark plug in there before any further diagnostics.