PDA

View Full Version : Boots Soles??

Doibugu2
04-03-2003, 04:54 AM
I'm in the process of trying to buy some boots for the first time. I noticed that some of the boots offer ATV soles. Is that necessary? Its hard to tell from the catolog, but it looks like most of the soles are mostly a flat bottom. Which looks kind of slippery. Especially if I have to get off and move my quad around. The ATV sole looks more like a work boot sole, which would give more trachtion. Is it necessary, or am I just making my decision more difficult?

And does any one have and opinons on the SIDI boots. I was thinking about getting the raptor model.

lil400exman
04-03-2003, 05:16 AM
well i ride dirtbikes so i go with the mx sole cause you get a tougher sole with less flex for jumping and if my foot does fall its sildes in seat of grabs and i jsut feel liek the mx boots are beeter for sport quad riding and the all terrain boots and better for hay haulin tractor quads............................:)

Doibugu2
04-03-2003, 05:20 AM
I know this is going to sound stupid, but since I have never worn a boot, is there enough traction on the bottom so I'm not slippen an sliding when i am walking around?

Thanks for the info

exriderdude
04-03-2003, 05:36 AM
no, you wont slip around when you walk, lol

the atv sole is for having more grip on the pegs because you move your feet around on the peg more when your on a quad, the mx soles are flat so when your on a dirtbike and you put your foot down in a corner it slides in the dirt;)

i have alpinestar vectors that have and mx sole and it dont really bother me, i have kick-ups on my pegs though:)

Doibugu2
04-03-2003, 06:05 AM
Thats why they have the smooth sole, so they can slide. Make sense.

lil400exman
04-03-2003, 06:22 AM
i like em more longer wear outta them and they never bothered me with no traction i wore em at haspin acres with no prblem at all and that place is mud capital the air is even made outta mud lol............

Doibugu2
04-03-2003, 06:42 AM
Makes sense. Thanks.

Anyone know anything about SIDI boots?