PDA

View Full Version : not getting spark...

305exracer11
04-03-2003, 03:48 AM
i put my quad back together after i pc'ed my frame red. i went to start it and it would just crank over but wouldnt start. so i checked all the wires and other stuff and everything was all right. im getting gas but no spark!! it only sparks once.. also my switch is messed up it will spark when its on off position. its missed up.. everything is right?? so what do u guys think is the problem????

please post i need your help bad!!

nuttynewt
04-03-2003, 07:29 AM
Sounds like you're not getting a good ground to your frame. Once you PC, you need to scrape it off to bare metal where your ground wire connects.

Str8Wicked
04-03-2003, 08:10 AM
I agree.. everypoint there is a ground you have to grind the PC off so the metal is showing.... Bolt the new ground again ......

than get some red paint and apply it if any metal is showing that the bolt don't cover....

best method to apply the paint is find a spray paint that matches..... Spray it into the cap of the spray can so it forms a bunch of liquid paint on the bottom.. Get a tooth pick and put the tip of it inside. You know can use that to get those tiny parts.... Use it kinda like a paint brush except let it dry good in between the layers you add... This is good to fix rock chips as well....

305exracer11
04-04-2003, 03:20 AM
i already strape it to bare metal..

Str8Wicked
04-04-2003, 05:30 AM
Double check all of them and than make sure the plug is in correctly and plugged correctly. I've had times where I felt the wire snap on the plug but it wasn't on good enough.

I still say it is a ground thou.. I had the same problem when I moved my battery to the airbox..... When I remounted the ground nothing worked until I narrowed it down that the ground wire wasn't connecting right...

305exracer11
04-07-2003, 02:06 AM
well i took it to exodus to see what it is..