PDA

View Full Version : whats up with the 500 stroker kits

nojoke4stroke
04-02-2003, 10:08 PM
is fst building the 500 stroker water cooled?i searched this site and found a thread from a year ago that said it was a 1 and only but i know i saw it advertised in dirt wheels after the date of that thread in the "over the bars" section for $2800.Mickey if you catch this i'd rather hear straight from you,i'd call but i'm sure your phone's busy enough and figure if youre on here then its somewhat your freetime.if you are building them for the average consumer can you give a rough estimate on how long before you can get to it...i.e.6 months,a year,2 years,i know your busy but ive got time,i gotta build my chassis up before i can stuff that beast in there.also,this will be for xc racing not drags.i guess i shouldve asked you this in your forum but i kinda started typing and this is where it ended up,sorry.also,any1 have any updates to the blown trannies from these monster motors,anything, improvements,things you can do,things you shouldnt do, conversion kits?any info would be greatly appreciated.thanks

Dunlap
04-03-2003, 03:00 AM
Sorry, we don't build the water cooled 500. It was a one-off for a magazine article only. The cost and the time it takes to build these is unreal. We do sell the 500 kit like Chad Duvall races. A total motor can cost upwards of $2,800 if you wanted the gears undercut like we have done this year to his. We didn't have any problems with the gearbox except for in Brad Macri's machine and he kicked 3 gearboxes out of his. Chad didn't have any problems until the whole season was over and him and his mechanic rode it at a buddy race so I would tend to think maybe it was the mechanic who missed the gear. Anyway, it's an extra $300 to undercut the gearbox - parts only.

nojoke4stroke
04-03-2003, 07:07 AM
Thanks for responding so quickly.I just sent you a pm cuz i had a few more questions since i saw your reply.Just let me know whats happening and i'll get the ball rolling on my end.Thanks again for your prompt response.