PDA

View Full Version : anybody have a Hetrick 416?

DirtDiggler
04-02-2003, 02:43 PM
Me and a friend of mine are thinking about getting Hetrick 416 kits. I'm wondering if anyone has one. Powroll claims a 20% hp gain from theirs and they don't include a cam while Hetrick does and the Powroll kit looks like it's just a bigger higher compression piston with and a vented airbox lid. I thought about buying thier full pipe as well but I also might just get the head pipe to go along with with mine and add more discs to the silencer to get it to flow more. I have all 12 discs it came with and have heard of people running as many as 16.

I was wondering if I should get the heavy duty stud updgrade as well as add some cooling mods. I would like to get in the 30 - 33hp range.

Scott400EX
04-03-2003, 03:52 AM
u can get 30 to 33 hp a whole lot cheeper than doing a 416.
use a std bore JE, Ross, Wiseco (whatever ur preference) a good cam some head porting and a FCR39 and a good full exhaust will get u well over 33 hp and u dont have to pay anyone to press in the cylinder jsut pay someone to port the head.

DirtDiggler
04-03-2003, 09:37 AM
Thanx for the info man I appreciate it.

DirtDiggler
04-03-2003, 09:57 AM
anybody else? With any Hetrick experience at all.

DirtDiggler
04-03-2003, 09:58 AM
btw Scott400EX,
Do you know some place to get a cheap FCR carb? I'm seeing them for close to $500 bucks and that's as much as the whole 416 kit from Hetrick including a cam.

Glow Plug
04-03-2003, 01:11 PM
if you don't want the go the big bore, you should try a full pipe, xr400 cam, k&n power kit, hi-comp piston, mabye a carb and you will easliy be seing the numbers you want :)

DirtDiggler
04-03-2003, 01:45 PM
I'm fine with a big bore it just seemed like for the price I could get some decent hp and still have some money left for other mods that would help with reliability like larger oil tank, air shrouds, four stroke tech oil cooler as well as some other stuff. I plan on adding the head pipe to my exhuast anyways so I was figuring if I get the Hetrick 416 kit, head pipe, cooling mods, etc I would get some good power gains.

If I did the full 440 kit I would end up spending more just because I can't be happy if I don't go all out with whatever kit I get. I'll probably end up with and FCR carb at some point too.