PDA

View Full Version : Need a lil advice on MP3 players!!

400grl
04-02-2003, 05:00 AM
Hey!

I am going to buy a little MP3 player to use while I am riding.....I don't want to spend a lot of money, but still want something with decent memory - and I don't know diddley about MP3 players....can you guys throw out some good brand names....again, I don't care if it's top of the line, but I would like to get a decent one. Thanks!!!:D

QuadTrix6
04-02-2003, 05:09 AM
i had the same dilema, but when doing researched i decided to go with a mini disc player instead of an mp3 player there fairly cheap i have a sony MD player wich was 129.99 from circuit city. they never skip, there pretty small, the sound quality is better and all mini discs are re recordable so all you need is one disc which holds about 60 min of music you can buy others that will hold more minutes though (i think) i bought smaller headphones to go in my ear so i can wear it under my helmet and so far so good, lemme know if you have any questions about it

Doibugu2
04-02-2003, 05:16 AM
How many MP3's do you have? Unless you have a lot of them you might get bored of listening to the same music pretty quick. Also a thing to remember is getting the music onto the player. They all download fairly quick, but its picking out the music you want to listen to is the part that is a pain.

If you have a lot of MP3's, I would almsost consider getting one of the hard drive ones. That way you can store all your files on it. The bad thing about them is they are alot bigger and at least double the money as the flash players.

If I were you, I would try and get one that has an FM tuner built in. More and more are coming with them. They also have some coming out where it will broadcast a radio signal and you turn your car stereo to that channel and you can play your MP3's through your car stereo too.

wgbanks
04-02-2003, 05:18 AM
RIO 500. It's an older model but they work great. Should be able to find one on eBay pretty cheap. It will also work with Audible.com should you ever want to down load and listen to a book.

QuadTrix6
04-02-2003, 05:20 AM
Originally posted by Doibugu2
If I were you, I would try and get one that has an FM tuner built in.

thats my one complaint about my MD player, if you get bored of the music you can always d/l more and the MD player you can d/l off of anything and you can burn cd's onto a MD. puting songs onto the MD player are quick too

400grl
04-02-2003, 05:23 AM
I have a ton of MP3's....I've been downloading them and burning them onto CD's for a while.....and I have all my riding songs picked out and waiting! :) I didn't think about the little cd players.....they don't skip, huh? Hmmmmm!

I was looking on E-bay and saw the Rio ones....so those are pretty decent?

Also, where is the most comfortable place to carry one while you ride? I've got some ideas - but want to see what works the best for you guys.......

gojk
04-02-2003, 05:57 AM
We have the Intel Mp3 player and it is pretty good. The only drawback is that is only has 128MB of space. That is actually alot of Mp3's. I have an MP3 Player in my truck that plays off of discs and that is almost too many songs on a disc.

brokeitin3
04-02-2003, 05:57 AM
I could ride on back to carry it for you!:p :p

400grl
04-02-2003, 06:21 AM
LOL!:D

QuadTrix6
04-02-2003, 06:38 AM
i put it in my camel back or duct tape it to my arm LOL ;)

trueblue450
04-02-2003, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by QuadTrix6
i had the same dilema, but when doing researched i decided to go with a mini disc player instead of an mp3 player there fairly cheap i have a sony MD player wich was 129.99 from circuit city. they never skip, there pretty small, the sound quality is better and all mini discs are re recordable so all you need is one disc which holds about 60 min of music you can buy others that will hold more minutes though (i think) i bought smaller headphones to go in my ear so i can wear it under my helmet and so far so good, lemme know if you have any questions about it

Holy ChIT.. that is the exact set up I have. I even bought the same headphones aftermarket. Those things fit your ears perfect. I love that disc player. It has one battery and it will play over 8 hours. I really recomend it!

I have over 40 songs on one 80 minute disc!