PDA

View Full Version : How to cut 400 fenders

ogryan400ex
12-17-2001, 07:17 PM
Hey I know guys probably get this question alot but where and how do you cut your front fenders on your 400ex's.
thanks alot for all the help.

yellow 400ex

mods: yoshi slip-on, k&n air filter, 14 tooth counter sprocket, one-industries graffix kit(red), pro pegs, turf tamers, renthal bars.

Soon to come: ac bumper, front susp.

MAY HONDA LIVE 4-EVER :devil

hippy440
12-18-2001, 12:05 AM
i use a dremel with a round cutting tool not a disk, if you cut the fenders your'e gonna eat a lot of dirt trust me..

ogryan400ex
12-18-2001, 06:29 PM
yea thats what i thought too but mine is a little wider. But i think it looks cool anyways. where do you cut them or do you use a pattern of some sort. I there a reason to cut your fenders besides the look.
thanks for the help.

yellow 400ex

mods: yoshi slip-on, k&n air filter, 14 tooth counter sprocket, one-industries graffix kit(red), pro pegs, turf tamers, renthal
bars.

Soon to come: ac bumper, front susp.

MAY HONDA LIVE 4-EVER :devil

12-19-2001, 10:54 AM
I used electical tape,,,made lines were I wanted to cut,,and used a utility knife,,probably not as fast as usin a dremel but I don't own a dremel. By usin the tape you can pull it off and put it back on until both sides look like the outline is equal..

and benefits of cutting fenders,,,theres a few but if you dont' race MX don't do it,,you won't like the outcome..

crday98
12-19-2001, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by ogryan400ex
Hey I know guys probably get this question alot

it does,try searching for older threads on this,there are quite a few.

flyin#5
12-19-2001, 03:12 PM
im not sure if you get atvsport magazine but they have an article in there explaining how to cut fenders.