PDA

View Full Version : a question about a used z400

SnotMe80
04-01-2003, 05:37 PM
i am looking at a used z400 that has been ridden very very little but was bought when they first came out. how do i know if it has the newer axle in it or not? i do not want to buy one that had the bending problems.
thanks
Rob

batgeek
04-01-2003, 06:47 PM
if it was purchased before Oct 02 i would be very suspect.

freakystone
04-02-2003, 01:39 AM
First off, how much is it? You can get a new axle for pretty cheap.

I got my first Z, the end of April 02' and it had a weak axle. I got my second one in August of 02' and it had the new ones.

Again, How Much?

freakystone
04-02-2003, 01:45 AM
Here is my POS...

It is not for sale. :D

SnotMe80
04-02-2003, 05:31 PM
the price is 4300 but i think i could get it for around 4000 and it includes the 5 year extended warrenty-does anyone know if you can transfer the warrenty? he says you can and the dealer says you can to. anything else i should look for?
thanks
Rob

goochy
04-02-2003, 11:56 PM
It cost $25.00 to transfrer warrenty. Get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

freakystone
04-03-2003, 01:33 AM
Get it.

TagRider
04-03-2003, 01:40 AM
Should I buy this Z400? It's a year old and is in pretty good shape. It's got some small bolt-on stuff and he wants $3100. The only problem is the serial number has been ground off and it has "EXRiders" written in Sharpie on it. The guy claims to have found it next to some railroad tracks and some kids who had gotten their *****es kicked by someone?

freakystone
04-03-2003, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by TagRider
Should I buy this Z400? It's a year old and is in pretty good shape. It's got some small bolt-on stuff and he wants $3100. The only problem is the serial number has been ground off and it has "EXRiders" written in Sharpie on it. The guy claims to have found it next to some railroad tracks and some kids who had gotten their *****es kicked by someone?

:D

Funny... But... That story was put to bed. They found the dude that nabbed the Z. He got waxed though. Then about a month later I got a call from a poor fella in Indy that picked it up at a police auction for $3000. The frame was bent the plastic was gone it had different but still f'd up a arms. The Serial on the engine was ground off but the cops etched it out. The stem was bend the wheels were shot. The seat was nasty torn. etc. etc. etc. Life sucks for someone.

SnotMe80
04-03-2003, 03:47 PM
what problems should i expect from the z-i have a 98 300ex and have had no problems other than wear and tear items-axle,chains, sprockets, breaks and tires-motor is still stock and runs like new and i ride alot! almost every weekend all year round. i am ready to step up but am tired of waiting for honda and i like the 400ex but i am one of those who want reverse-my buddy just bought a kfx400 and i really like it so i started looking into the z-if i do have axle problems will it be covered under warrenty? also i have heard of frame problems but i do not think i should have a problem with that since i am only 150 lbs.
any input is helpful.
thanks
Rob

Z400central
04-04-2003, 04:07 AM
i suggest you check out www.z400central.com to get your answers answered a tad quicker...:D

Merriman
04-04-2003, 04:44 AM
From my experience they have nice motors, and they are a good concept, but that's about it. That 5 yr extended warranty sucks, and I guess depending on who you can deal with depends on the customer service you'll recieve. My friend bought a Z-400 in May 02, and we've already bent the axle, bent the frame, and severly cracked the frame at the shock mounts. They wouldn't honor his extended warranty due to "Neglect, and maltreatment, or some kind of crap like that" The warranty firm told us that the quad wasn't made for that type of riding, (Dunes, desert, and an mx track) and therefor wouldn't cover anything. You should read that warranty verbatum, then you'll laugh at it. They don't have to honor crap. My friend says if he didn't owe money on it, he'd trade straight across for a new 400ex. I put my 400ex through the same stuff we put the Z through, and mine hasn't had 1 problem. Just becareful when buying anything used.

lex luger
04-04-2003, 05:13 AM
he's gotta brand new quad, and he hardy drove it and wants to sell it cheap...i smell fish