PDA

View Full Version : Fire Fighters

BlazingYamahaYz
04-01-2003, 03:48 PM
how many of you here are on a fire dept? volunteer or full time....i am only 14 now(15 at the end of this year) and i am helping my fire dept/watching trainings and everything else, so when i join people will know who i am, and that i am very debticated to what i do......most of my friends are on the fire dept.....just wondering how many of you guys were...out here its volunteer.....we have a 3 garage station right now with a tanker, engine, and a brush fire/rescue truck......in the next 5-10 years we are going to get a 10 garage station, a couple of new engines and an ambulance or two...the buildings next to the station are going to get torn down later this week, so the process will begin.......what do u guys have on ur dept? and thanks to all the brave men and women that are firefighters, its a tough, dangerious job:)

04-01-2003, 03:50 PM
haha around here a group of volunteer fire fighhter got caught setting fires so they could put em out:p

CHAUNCY
04-01-2003, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by freeride132
haha around here a group of volunteer fire fighhter got caught setting fires so they could put em out:p

LOL

flyin#5
04-02-2003, 04:50 AM
my dad is...

QuadTrix6
04-02-2003, 05:12 AM
i was a junior firefighter for a few years when i was younger but quit because it was lame we weren't allowed to do anything good, i have considered becoming a vloenteer but right now don't have the time to do it, someday though :)

David28
04-02-2003, 05:32 AM
Im 14 and I am involved in our local volunteer firedepartment

BlazingYamahaYz
04-02-2003, 11:26 AM
out here if u join at 16, your a cadet...once u turn 18 your considered a firefighter....if you join after the age of 18, you start out as a probationary fire fighter....then a firefighter....we are starting to get a little more money out here, getting some nicer pagers and we get custom fit for old gear, and get new gear at 18...u can go on calls at 16, but you cant go into a burning house until 18...some of my friends are cadets, and they get to do the good stuff when there isnt as many people on a call......my best friend's dad is the leutanent:devil

gncc400exxx
04-02-2003, 11:33 AM
Full Time here. Going on 7years.

Small city about 12,000 people.
1 Station
12 guys
2 Pierce engines
1 Pierce ladder
1 Brush truck

BlazingYamahaYz
04-02-2003, 03:05 PM
cool:cool: next time i head up to the station i will take the digi and get a few pictures of the station and the trucks and equipment:D

Leo
04-02-2003, 11:31 PM
I was an assistant chief for a couple years in our itty-bitty volunteer FD does that count?

Thanks to our large number of vacation homes and outrageous property taxes our itty-bitty (probably 20 active members) department has all the toys..

pumper / tanker / (2) brush truck / quick attack / rescue truck / ambulance / etc..

Biggest problem is finding someone who's willing to take the time and learn to run the stuff.

I got burned out a few years ago and have pretty much gotten out for the time being though.

Leo

BlazingYamahaYz
04-26-2003, 12:08 PM
here are a few pictures that i have found...this one is me(right) and adam(left)...we were doing a controlled burn in their woods, and i took his brothers turnout gear for safety:devil

BlazingYamahaYz
04-26-2003, 12:17 PM
a picture of our newest engine, 329...

AFTERMARKET
04-26-2003, 01:41 PM
Alltogether a total of 9 years total. I work for the State Of Califonia Right next to the MEXICO Fence! The newest station was just Finished at 2.1 Million bucks. The Bays are Triple bay drive thorugh with a second story, Shop, A Public Office with a Huge rest room again for the Public. Then a detatched Chief's office. Then 200 foot up a bank Is the main part of the sation. it has 9 sep. bedrooms each with 2 beds lockers and tables in each room Then down the bowling alley of a a Hallway you go into the "living room" With a 58" Tv with 6 lazy boys and 2 real nice coutches. Then the Kitchen is a whole Diffrent story. We Have the Com. size 2 door stainless Frige and a chest freezer again Comm. Size A Huge WOLF Oven and 3 sinks in the kitchen with a walk in pantry bigger than any movie stars closet :) :eek2: :eek2: We Run one long Dinner Table and it you need something You better CATCH! We get Verry Busy in the summer Sometimes getting "stuck" at work for over 30 days Straight yes STRAIGHT! Check out this Link this was a New type 3 Rig that had only 3000 or so miles on it

http://www.wrightwoodcalif.com/cdfcrash/cdfcrash47.jpg
http://www.wrightwoodcalif.com/cdfcrash.html

Glow Plug
04-26-2003, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by AFTERMARKET
Alltogether a total of 9 years total. I work for the State Of Califonia Right next to the MEXICO Fence! The newest station was just Finished at 2.1 Million bucks. The Bays are Triple bay drive thorugh with a second story, Shop, A Public Office with a Huge rest room again for the Public. Then a detatched Chief's office. Then 200 foot up a bank Is the main part of the sation. it has 9 sep. bedrooms each with 2 beds lockers and tables in each room Then down the bowling alley of a a Hallway you go into the "living room" With a 58" Tv with 6 lazy boys and 2 real nice coutches. Then the Kitchen is a whole Diffrent story. We Have the Com. size 2 door stainless Frige and a chest freezer again Comm. Size A Huge WOLF Oven and 3 sinks in the kitchen with a walk in pantry bigger than any movie stars closet :) :eek2: :eek2: We Run one long Dinner Table and it you need something You better CATCH! We get Verry Busy in the summer Sometimes getting "stuck" at work for over 30 days Straight yes STRAIGHT! Check out this Link this was a New type 3 Rig that had only 3000 or so miles on it

http://www.wrightwoodcalif.com/cdfcrash/cdfcrash47.jpg
http://www.wrightwoodcalif.com/cdfcrash.html

ouch what happnned to it?

killed300ex
04-26-2003, 01:52 PM
damn that looks bad i hope everyone made it out ok it doesnt say what ever happened to them. looks like the engine is pretty much toast not like alot of it could be reused or used for parts
killed

AFTERMARKET
04-26-2003, 01:56 PM
Being a 4x4 and new (2002) Responding to a Large Wildfire the drive shaft dropped out while going code 3 on the freeway Doing about 65 the driver lost control and rolled it down a steep 300 foot embankment. Thus CDF Grounding all there 4x4's new and old. The Manf. was to blame on that one. something about the Cv's I cant rember fully.
AFTERMARKET

AFTERMARKET
04-26-2003, 02:00 PM
The only thing that was salvaged from the entire engine was some items that were in the compartments.

mxdave28
04-26-2003, 06:09 PM
Been Vol. FF going on 15 yrs now....served in many postions ranging from 3rd Lt. up to C-3. im with a new Dept now so im back down to the grunt level again Yeeaaaaaa:D, after bieing towards the top im glad im back at the bottom!
Were basicly a Eng/Rescue Co. with 3 engines one heavy rescue and a brush truck. the pic below is from last year of our beloved ALF Eng.23 and one of the twins Eng.21

mxdave28
04-26-2003, 06:14 PM
and here is the other twin the newest one Eng.22. i dont have pics of the others yet.

AFTERMARKET
04-26-2003, 06:20 PM
Dave you know I LOVE did I forget to say LOVE that ALF Engine! You promised me a few hot laps in it. If I make it out east! I just love the OLD ALF's! DANG!

mxdave28
04-26-2003, 06:28 PM
Wow i had to dig deep into the archives for this one, 11/2000 at a joint training. i wore my yellow hat so my white one wouldnt get dirty hehehe im on the left and thats my Pyro buddy for the day.... i just love being the fire God:devil .

well i dont remember off the top of my head making any promises on giving rides in the ALF but, not a problem im sure. we had an entire fleet of them and they started to replace them all.....and the ONLY reason why they replaced another was the fact of a slight mishap....we had sent one out to get a complete referb and when it was done and ready to be picked up, the place where it was at Blew up! and i mean blew up...destroyed our ALF and couple rigs that were inside damm near killed the owner.

AFTERMARKET
04-26-2003, 06:30 PM
Dave its FIRE2881!

mxdave28
04-26-2003, 06:34 PM
HEY!!! how ya been over there on the west coast?? cause over hear on the east coast we've been busy as hellll with some weird assss calls to. sorry i didnt know who ya were :blah

AFTERMARKET
04-26-2003, 06:42 PM
Miss me?
Long time no talk how you been?
Do you still work on the box?
And YOU DID save me a few hot lapsright?!