PDA

View Full Version : what to buy

2001 trx400ex
04-01-2003, 02:45 PM
which mechine is better for mx and dunes. The canaondale moto or the predetor. I want to no which one to buy and money isnt an issue. I am a good rider on my 440ex.

Steve-o 400EX
04-01-2003, 03:51 PM
I'd say the canondale, the moto is damn near untouchable. They build great machines. Look at it this way, its an atv that you will never have to spend money on mods for, except for gas and a new rubber every once in a while.

exracer
04-01-2003, 11:58 PM
DON'T GET A CANNONDALE!!!!

they filed for bankruptcy the first of feb.
Its a great bike no doubt, but if something goes wrong with the engine, cannondale dealerships will not do any warrenty work.
all you will then have is a good chasis but no engine.

tell me if u need to know more:)

bigsho400
04-02-2003, 03:22 AM
my friend had a moto and he hated it he ended up selling it after like a year for half what he paid
my other friend just got a predator and he loves it i rode it and so do i

F-16Guy
04-02-2003, 03:34 AM
I'd have to agree with exracer. Despite all of their shortcomings, Polaris is a much more established company. If I were going to bet on which bike I could get parts for in 5 years, I'd say the Predator. You have to give it up for Polaris, they've made some huge steps in the right direction in the past few years.

Steve-o 400EX
04-02-2003, 03:47 AM
Yea thats all true, I just figured he had some diecent cash to blow anyways if he was considerin a moto. Dealers will fix them but it will cost because currently they dont offer warrantee's. But the company is in a rebuilding stage and they are going to stay in business themselves or sell out, which they already have a few prospective buyers for. I only know this because my best friend was gunna buy a speed but they wouldnt give him a warrantee so he said F it and he got an EX.

But the predator is such a heavy machine, i am one of those guys who hates a heavy quad, and the moto is already got all the bells and whistles, you wont have to do a thing to it. This is just my opinion tho.

Steve-o 400EX
04-02-2003, 03:47 AM
Yea thats all true, I just figured he had some diecent cash to blow anyways if he was considerin a moto. Dealers will fix them but it will cost because currently they dont offer warrantee's. But the company is in a rebuilding stage and they are going to stay in business themselves or sell out, which they already have a few prospective buyers for. I only know this because my best friend was gunna buy a speed but they wouldnt give him a warrantee so he said F it and he got an EX.

But the predator is such a heavy machine, i am one of those guys who hates a heavy quad, and the moto is already got all the bells and whistles, you wont have to do a thing to it. This is just my opinion tho.

oynot400
04-02-2003, 05:11 AM
Get yourself a Gas Gas! :D These machines are great, well balanced good power and fast. I like mine. ;)

AndrewRRR
04-02-2003, 07:14 AM
You are comparing a $6000 quad and a $12,500 quad! lol.
MX and dunes are kind of conflicting goals. Get a R and do a bunch of suspension and motor work to it. If you want a new quad, I'd go for the predator, you'll have $6000 to mod it and still be cheaper than the moto. :)

2001 trx400ex
04-02-2003, 08:14 AM
i dont like polaris so i think i will go with the gold, the moto i might buy. but this gas gas, were do i find information on it.

oynot400
04-02-2003, 08:46 AM
Here is a link to there web site http://www.gasgasmotos.es/eng/frame.htm