PDA

View Full Version : Take off Air box lid

WhY_ZeE
04-01-2003, 02:24 PM
Hey, I just bough an ATV Power Kit for my 400ex and i 'll change my filter for a K&N. I'm thinking of taking off the Air box lid and put a pre filter.
Are the pre-filter mud proof? Is it perfectly safe to take the lid off and ride in mud all day or in sand for that matter ?:eek2:

ridered86
04-01-2003, 02:30 PM
i ride with mine off all the time except for a really muddy day. i have the outerwear and have had really no problems with water and when the box fills up a lil just pull that drain plug.

Steve-o 400EX
04-01-2003, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by ridered86
i ride with mine off all the time except for a really muddy day. i have the outerwear and have had really no problems with water and when the box fills up a lil just pull that drain plug.

Yep thats about it, the outerwears are somewhat water resistant, but not totally. A long as ur not goin in really wet conditions youll be fine.

WhY_ZeE
04-02-2003, 12:49 AM
Well if i want to put it back when its wet i'll have to re-jet my bike...?

4TraxRider
04-02-2003, 12:58 AM
Depends if you mind the slight power loss and drop in throttle response. If your only going to run the lid every once ina while, i wouldn't bother rejetting unless your running the engine to lean or rich so that it will hurt it. Chances are if its muddy anyway, you won't notice the slight loss.