PDA

View Full Version : Still no spark with 250R

sly400ex
04-01-2003, 01:55 PM
I rebuilt the topend and now it won't fire! I know the kill switch that's coupled up with the lights may be bad so how do I by-pass that completely? I already put a jumper connecting the two keyed ignition wires to bypass that. What should I do to eliminate possible problems? Thanks!

300exazzkikr
04-01-2003, 04:35 PM
check all your electrical connections to make sure they're plugged in tight and clean, not dirty, Most likely your kill switch is bad and you should bypass that, with a wire. hope this helps.

sly400ex
04-02-2003, 04:44 AM
Which two wires do I connect? Please help me!:confused:

300exazzkikr
04-02-2003, 04:53 AM
the kill switch only has two wires going to it. If you connect those two together it should work. Not positive on this but about 95% sure. You won't hurt anything if you try. If you have the manual, it tells you what kind of voltage should be comeing out of each electrical component. You may want to check those too if the kill switch isn't the problem, make sure the ground wires are good too. The one that goes to the frame on the left side if sitting on it.

nuttynewt
04-02-2003, 05:24 AM
If you connect the two wires that go to the kill switch, you will NOT have any spark. The kill switch kills the engine when the connection is made between these two wires. Disconnect them and you should get spark if the kill switch is your problem.

If this does not work, check your plug wire to make sure it is connnected good. Next step would be to check the wires coming off of the stator. As said before, make sure all connections are clean and tight. I use dielectric grease on all conections.

300exazzkikr
04-02-2003, 05:41 AM
thanks. thats what i thought but didn't sound right. Thats why i was only 95% sure..lol..

Bean
04-02-2003, 09:34 AM
mine didnt spark one time, and it ended up being that there was grease and dirt all over where i grounded the killswitch and ignition wire at, try moving the wires around, the best spots to ground wires are the top radiator mounts, and the steeringstem clamp on the frame, and also the shroud mounts

quadrcr87
04-02-2003, 09:43 AM
i think it could be the stator thats what it was on my banshee

PhilMoore
04-02-2003, 12:21 PM
I've had 2 250R stators fail on me. Actually, it was just the pulse coil that failed. It is the small black coil that triggers the CDI spark. Unfortunately, it is not repairable. You would need to replace the entire Stator if you get the Honda part. You might want to check on some of the 250R forums and see if anybody has a coil replacement, rather than replace the entire assembly. I had spares, so I haven't had to buy one yet. I am on my last spare though, so next time one fails, I will need to get out the credit card...

nuttynewt
04-03-2003, 07:27 AM
Ricky Stator seems to have the best deal on stators.

www.rickystator.com