PDA

View Full Version : Pipe Vs. Pipe

SpeedKnut653
04-01-2003, 01:51 PM
Hey guys, I'm new to the site, I got referred to this site by a friend of mine, he said you knew alot about these honda bikes. I was thinking about getting the white Brothers E series pro-meg, Or the R-4 series pro-meg. The thing is, The E-series has a quiet core, I don't know about the R-4. Dirt Wheels said that they make a quiet core for the R-4, but I don't exactly trust a magazine. If they do make one, Where would I be able to get one?:confused:
Thanks alot.

exracer
04-01-2003, 03:09 PM
i dont know about the quite core, but if ur trying to deside between the pipes i would go with the E-series

it has a better all round performance

Steve-o 400EX
04-01-2003, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by exracer
i dont know about the quite core, but if ur trying to deside between the pipes i would go with the E-series

it has a better all round performance

I second that. The R4 is a great pipe, but it is a bit louder than the e-series and you will lose a lot of power with a quiet core for it. The E-series is much more tuneable and the sound is not as loud.

SpeedKnut653
04-01-2003, 04:10 PM
Thanks guys, I did some looking around and the E-Series is cheaper, so I guess I'll go with it.

Martin Blair
04-01-2003, 04:29 PM
i would say e series too, unless you have a large budget welcome to forums

kc_hodgin8437
04-01-2003, 04:45 PM
Well to start off, your friend referred u to a great place

second-there are alot of nice pipes out there, it jsut depend on how much money u wanna spend. But the e-series is a great choice...if u happy with it buy it

O ya, welcome to the forums

LapTraffic
04-01-2003, 07:38 PM
SpeedKnut653

welcome to the forum, looks like we live about 15 minutes apart. I grew up in Puyallup and graduated from PHS.

dariusld
04-02-2003, 10:40 AM
Thanks guys, I did some looking around and the E-Series is cheaper, so I guess I'll go with it. I thought the R4 was cheaper, at least mine was. $210 compared to $220, but that was a while ago.

RuffRyder400ex
04-02-2003, 10:50 AM
They do make a quit core for an r4

SobeAHonda
04-02-2003, 11:53 AM
I chose Powercore 4 by FMF because it's better than white brothers. I smoke guys with the e series all the time in sand drags. Just my two cents though.

swamprider7
04-02-2003, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by SobeAHonda
I chose Powercore 4 by FMF because it's better than white brothers...

Boy that's pretty amazing considering in every pipe shootout that I have seen, the e-series smokes the powercore everytime. I have heard bad things about the powercore but I will admit that it sounds very good on a 400.

White_Knuckles
04-05-2003, 12:36 PM
Hello to the Puyallup, Washington lads from the East side, Spokane. My great grand father was Ezra Meeker guess there's a museum about him in Puyallup got to make over some day.

This is a great site! You'll like it.

Cheers

Tmac23
04-05-2003, 01:08 PM
I'm suprised to hear about the powercore 4 pipe beating the e series. I raced a guy with the powercore and he could not pull away from me wide open. His throttle response was deffinetely better ( I rode his quad for a while just to see what kind of difference that pipe made) than mine. I know that if i were him I would be dissappointed that a stock 400ex stayed half a quad length ahead of me and there was nothing that could be done. As far as the sound level his fmf was really loud. The noise was ok for a few minutes but it is so loud that it might even get on the riders nerves after a while. Regardless of the pipes performance the noise level will probly make people angry and create some new problems for the rider.