PDA

View Full Version : confused on what to do...

12-17-2001, 06:10 PM
I have a 2002 300ex. I have just installed a white bros full system, k and n air filter, outerwear for filter, outerwear for airbox, and I have a 38mm PE carb on the way. My question is, will it havemore power with the carb, or will it run worse. White Bros carb kit is only a 32mm and the stock is a 32 mm. I don't understand that. This is a first or me with upgrading to a different carb, on my last 300 and my 400 I just used a dyno jet kit, and thought it did good, but this time I wanted to try something a little differnt. Have I choosen a bad route? please give me all the input about this. I sure hope the carb will be a worth while investment and provide more power than a jet kit would on the stocker

Guy400
12-17-2001, 06:15 PM
I would send the 38mm back. If you're just running an otherwise stock 300EX except for a pipe and filter mods that's probably going to be too big of a carb. The 400EX runs a 35.5mm and it's huffing way more air than your 300 does. I don't think you'll be happy with that big of a carb.

Holty
12-17-2001, 07:30 PM
I'm having enough carb problems as it is on my own, but i can tell you there is such a thing TOO MUCH air/fuel. I don't know for sure if this is the case here, but bigger is not always better when it comes to that kind of stuff. I know i'm not much help, but let me know how the install and fit of the outerwears air box cover went. Are you happy with it? i'll be installing one this weekend. thanks and good luck.

12-17-2001, 08:19 PM
I am doing some reconstructive sugery of the factory airbox lid and this new outerwears cover to make a very easy intll and removal process. the velcor around the sides doesn't appeal to me

Holty
12-17-2001, 09:01 PM
got any pics of the finished project? how are you doing it? thanks.

12-18-2001, 05:15 AM
cutting out hole in lid, cutting outwear down to size, restitching on the velcor and attaching to the airbox lid