View Full Version : Kenda Desert Dog Tires

400exJOE
12-17-2001, 05:57 PM
ANYONE ELSE HEAR OF THESE TIRES? AT FEW MONTHS BACK DIRTWHEELS DID A SPORT TIRE TEST AND RATED THE KENDA DESERT DOG TIRES VERY WELL. THEY ARE A/T TIRES (LIKE HOLESHOTS) DESPITE THE NAME. THEY SAID THEY WERE THE BEST ON EVERY CONDITION EXCEPT AN MX TRACK WHERE THE FINISHED CLOSELY BEHIND TURF TAMERS FOR SECOND PLACE. JUST WANTED TO SEE IF ANYONE HAD A PAIR.

Max400
12-17-2001, 06:09 PM
Those are sweet looking tires! I was wanting a pair after I saw that article. I got a hole in the sidewall of my stock rear tires and needed a set of tires but could not find anyone that sold those tires. I had to settle on Maxxis Razar's, I'm not that impressed with them.
The Desert Dog looks like the stock tires on my 400ex, just with more meat!

canadian400ex
12-17-2001, 08:30 PM
Yeah in that article they said that the kenda desert dogs(or the kenda bull dogs-can't remember)hooked up better than the 400ex stocker:which they called the best oem rear tire.
I've never seen them in action around here...I'm quite interested in them as well!:D

12-18-2001, 06:42 AM
I was searching for them as well and finally just got in touch with Kenda. They sent me a nice info packet on all their stuff. They don't have any real distributors in my state so you just have to find someone that deals Kenda to order them. They are still getting good reviews though.

Deathbringer
12-19-2001, 12:12 PM
I had Kenda "The Trackers" for paddles and loved them, they are still in great shape after 3 years of riding on them. The only reason I got new ones is because I wanted straight paddles.

Here is a picture it was to show the ruined rim but you can see the tire is in good shape. I think any tire that lasts 3 years is really good.

http://webpages.charter.net/400ex/MVC-014F.JPG

I would have to say they are a good buy

12-19-2001, 12:35 PM
Deathbringer,

Have you checked out the redesigned "Gecko" paddle? Looks mean when they sent me that brochure with the dog in it the new Gecko was in there as well. It's suppose to pull as good as a straight and turn as good as the V's. Haven't been able to find any web pics though.

Deathbringer
12-19-2001, 01:03 PM
I already bought "Kings" so maybe next time.. I wrote a review of them for Exriders but he hasn't posted it yet..:(