PDA

View Full Version : check this out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Johnny_G
04-01-2003, 02:37 AM
This is on Racerxill.com this morning!!!!

Unbelievable!!!!!!

If I had half Charmichael's drive I would be winning GNCC's hand over fist...........

Carmichael to race both classes this summer

Racer X has learned that Ricky Carmichael, the AMA National Motocross Champion six times running, as well as the two-time THQ/AMA Supercross Champion, is going to try something truly amazing this summer: Carmichael is going to campaign both the 125cc and 250cc classes in the AMA/Chevy Trucks U.S. Motocross Nationals in an attempt to be the first rider ever to win both titles in one season.

And with American Honda's blessing, it will be Carmichael - not Ernesto Fonseca - who will debut the CRF250R in America on May 11 at the Glen Helen National. And if that's not enough, RC will then climb aboard a CRF450R to race the 250 class as well!

According to a source very close to RC, "I've been hearing so much this about Bubba and so much of that about Chad Reed that I thought, 'The hell with it,' and will take it to both of them in the nationals. I'm in shape, I know the tracks, and I'm tired of hearing how they're going to beat me this summer or next year or whatever. So I'm just going to take the race to both them at the same time."

Bubba, of course, is defending 125 National MX Champion James Stewart; and based on his two consecutive wins over Carmichael in 250 SX, Reed needs no introduction. Stewart will be riding a Kawasaki KX125 this summer while Reed will campaign a Yamaha YZ250.

Ironically enough, Carmichael is allowed to ride both classes based on a new AMA rule that was passed to try to get Stewart more time on a 250. Before this season, riders could enter both classes in supercross, but they had to choose one or the other for outdoor racing. It was changed in the hopes that Stewart would moonlight in the 250 class later on in the summer and thus be ready to ride the big bike in September for Team USA at the 2003 Motocross des Nations, set to take place in Belgium.

But back to Carmichael: Why a pair of thumpers? The champ apparently made a deal with Honda that he would park his two-stroke and promote their thumpers, but only if he could ride both classes and be the only one on the new CRF250R. His teammate Fonseca will this campaign the CR250 two-stroke, while Factory Connection's Mike LaRocco, Travis Preston and soon-to-join Kevin Windham will ride 450s as well.

Even though there are still four rounds of supercross racing left to go, Carmichael is set to begin testing and training today, because the Glen Helen opener is just 41 days away.

quadman21
04-01-2003, 02:57 AM
That is simply unbelievable! But if anyone can do it...he can. I like how he's putting his money where his mouth is. I would just like to see someone give it back to Bubba! If he pulls it off, It would just over shadow all the legends. Johnson, Bailey, Ward, McGrath, all of them. I wish him luck but just hopes it doesn't backfire!

Doibugu2
04-01-2003, 03:13 AM
He is pretty fun to watch. Its amazing that a guy that is what 5'4" is able to do that well on such a big bike. Should make things more interesting.

exriderdude
04-01-2003, 03:47 AM
sweet, i hope he walks all over that kawi fag:D :macho

Bart
04-01-2003, 05:13 AM
April Fools????

quadman21
04-01-2003, 07:30 AM
Possibly..........? :ermm: I forgot all about today being April Fools :tired: It would be sweet if it is true.........

swap
04-01-2003, 07:33 AM
i'm sure it is a joke,
But it would be cool to see if he could win both titles

Glow Plug
04-01-2003, 08:28 AM
it would be awsome if it did happen but it might e an april fools but it might not be i hope he walks the kawi

Merriman
04-01-2003, 08:59 AM
Here's another interpretation of that letter:

Honda wants a good showing of their 250F puts carmichael on it because a. he is the best rider out there. b. they want to rival that of bubba stewart, and he's the only one that can. c. it sells bikes.

They put carmicheal on the 450F because that is his class and he has to defend his title. ALSO remember he has never raced 4 strokes full time before. They use the nationals to break in riders for new bikes and get them ready for the money making Supercross. I am willing to bet he won't be racing the CR 250 next year. Shortly after I bet honda will stop producing the CR's and all 2 strokes.

All I am getting from this article is Honda is weening there pro's from the 2 stroke's before they quite manufacturing them. Everyone might awell start converting too. It's enevitable. I guess one day when I am rich I'll be buying a new CRF450 just to rip the motor out and put it in my ATC 250R.

AtvMxRider
04-01-2003, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by Fred
April Fools????

QuadRacer041
04-01-2003, 10:09 AM
hey johnny, havernt seen u here in while.
congrats on the good results you've havin in the gncc's, i wish u continued sucess buddy.

CHAUNCY
04-01-2003, 12:52 PM
Would be awesome if its real, but it might be an april fools joke

MEL
04-02-2003, 05:32 AM
Carmichael won't race both classes this summer

Turns out that Ricky Carmichael will not be riding two classes in the outdoor nationals this summer, nor will he be riding the Honda CRF250R. Racer X has learned that the source of the information was working off of "some strange pagan holiday that apparently comes along each spring, usually right between March and April," explained publisher Scott Wallenberg. "I understand the phone was ringing off the hook at several companies, including ours. And because no one told Jason Weigandt that the rumor had yet to be confirmed, he spent most of April 1 telling people that Ricky was indeed riding two classes. Even more unfortunate was the fact that Jason was confused about which series Carmichael was planning on riding, so there might be a lot of disappointed fans at the Big Buck GNCC next week."

The editors or Racer X regret being sucked into such foolish mischief and we hope that the people at HRC in Japan who know nothing about the aforementioned pagan holiday will accept our sincere apology.