PDA

View Full Version : Dumont Dunes Review

300exTJjeeper
03-31-2003, 08:03 PM
Hey there riders,

Came back from Dumont dunes this weekened, had a blast, a very small place. But still had fun
Tazz took a bunch of pic so they will be up when the film is processed.
Learned how to the bicycle also, that was fun, also made my biggest jumps so far. Not a too bad place. I liked it because there were jumps everywhere, can't wait till my 400ex front end gets here, so I can jump even higher.

But that is a place that i won't go too often, the reason being, Glamis is only an extra 30 miles from my house compared to fumont,
But i can now say I had been there done that.

Tazz300ex
04-01-2003, 04:54 AM
I am going to have to agree with TJ... Dumont has alot of nice launches over at the Little Dumont Dunes area. Although the park map makes the Dunes look huge, they are only about a mile long and a few tall dunes deep. There are a few Bowls (Not very bowlie..is bowlie a word?? and a few hill climbs.. I'm definately not going to go here very often. For the same amount of travel I'd rather go to Glamis...

PICS SOOON TO COME.....

300exTJjeeper
04-01-2003, 05:07 AM
I bieleve Tazz, hurt his wrist again, and didn't want to do some jumping. He was acting like a little *****

Str8Wicked
04-01-2003, 05:14 AM
lol.. everytime I was about to roll out to Dumont we would end up going to Glamis just cause everyone seems to say that Dumont is more for the family people and it ain't very big....

Tazz300ex
04-01-2003, 05:20 AM
Being that TJ and I are way good friends I am going to let him get away with Talking S***...... Otherwise I will have to go off.......

300exTJjeeper
04-02-2003, 04:48 AM
ok.

airheadedduner
04-02-2003, 05:53 AM
How did the new paddles work for ya?? Or did you even get them yet.

Str8Wicked
04-02-2003, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by Tazz300ex
Being that TJ and I are way good friends I am going to let him get away with Talking S***...... Otherwise I will have to go off.......

hit em hit em hit em.... lol

You guys going to Glamis for Easter...?

I'm thinking of going on Thursday night and leaving Sat. night...

300exTJjeeper
04-02-2003, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by airheadedduner
How did the new paddles work for ya?? Or did you even get them yet.

Those sand sharks work awesome for me. So far they have been to Glamis twice and dumont.

I like there grip for climbing hills, and getting sideways, making for some quick turns. My overall reveiw would be the price too for 125 with .160 rims can't beat for some paddles. I highly recommend them for anybody that wants a tire that has great bite and making quick turns.

I run 20's on the 300ex, like them alot.

Tazz300ex
04-04-2003, 11:13 PM
I got to take a few rides on TJ's ride with paddles.. Very tight..put it this way..I tried to pull a wheelie and pulled it so far over I dragged the grab bar and broke th eflag off....all I have to say is.....BIG GULPS OF SAND.............

QuadJunkies
04-07-2003, 04:20 AM
wow. I was told Dumont was wher all the BIG stuff was and lots of razor backs.... Good to know... our dunes are about 30+ milkes long(I never rode all of it though) and in guessing a mile or two wide... plenty of room and LOTS of big and smal stuff to ride...I saw a few picks of pismo... any one know if it a good riding spot? the bowlss look sweet!!

CHAUNCY
04-07-2003, 06:00 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
wow. I was told Dumont was wher all the BIG stuff was and lots of razor backs.... Good to know... our dunes are about 30+ milkes long(I never rode all of it though) and in guessing a mile or two wide... plenty of room and LOTS of big and smal stuff to ride...I saw a few picks of pismo... any one know if it a good riding spot? the bowlss look sweet!!

A couple of my people I know went to Pismo over the 4th of July. They said it was fun but you could cover it in a day. So its kinda small. I talked to another guy and he said its fun in the summer cuzz you can ride by the ocean to cool off some.