PDA

View Full Version : oversized oil tank opinion??

dlockett99
03-31-2003, 07:35 PM
Anyone have any solid numbers on how much cooler the oversized oil tank makes the engine run? I do alot of trail riding and as we all know if your not moving to fast the engine seems to run hotter. Thought the larger tank might be worth the upgrade.

shamisc
03-31-2003, 08:02 PM
I'd like to know too! I just bought a CFM oversized oil tank w/ cooling holes and I'd like to know if it's going to help in the trails! ANYONE??:confused:

stupid driver
04-01-2003, 01:48 AM
i would guess anywhere from 8 to 15 degrees cooler. but im not sure

Giz400ex
04-01-2003, 09:59 AM
I'm not sure on how cooler it runs but I've yet to see a tank that will work with an steering dampner!! Just to let ya know!!

Str8Wicked
04-01-2003, 10:03 AM
I've heard the tank have even had a 20-40 degree drop in the oil temp since there is more fluid but who really knows. They do have those other oil coolers that look more like a little radiator for the oil. That may be a good option as well...

CFM Performance
04-04-2003, 02:22 PM
A Denton steering dampner will work with the oversize oil tanks.

Pappy
04-04-2003, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by CFM Performance
A Denton steering dampner will work with the oversize oil tanks.

what about aftermarket headpipes? seems to me that almost everyone is going to full systems and these tanks may or may not work. id have one of your units if it would work with my hmf pipe:confused: :(

Giz400ex
04-04-2003, 02:58 PM
How about PEP's??

K_Fulk
04-04-2003, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
what about aftermarket headpipes? seems to me that almost everyone is going to full systems and these tanks may or may not work. id have one of your units if it would work with my hmf pipe:confused: :(

My Dmc pipe and my sparks pipe are both closer to the motor than a stock pipe. I have never had problem taking off or putting on an aftermarket pipe with my pingry tank.

I also have no problem with my denton steering dampner.

shamisc
04-04-2003, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Pappy

My Sparks X-6 works great with it. It has about 3 inches of clearance. But, from what I can tell, It WILL NOT WORK with the stock header!! I tusseled with mine all day today and it would not go on!! JTLYK! :(

Pappy
04-04-2003, 03:06 PM
well ive been told that no tank clears the hmf:confused: id kinda like to have one with the new motor...ill take all the added help i can get:p

K_Fulk
04-04-2003, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by shamisc
My Sparks X-6 works great with it. It has about 3 inches of clearance. But, from what I can tell, It WILL NOT WORK with the stock header!! I tusseled with mine all day today and it would not go on!! JTLYK! :(

Take off your gas tank and put your tank in from the top.

trey
04-04-2003, 04:49 PM
pep dampener wounldt fit with mine (pingerys) had to switch to the denton