PDA

View Full Version : Idaho- Idaho- Idaho

Dune Surfer
03-31-2003, 05:48 PM
Well my wife booked her flight to NY this july. It looks like I'm free to go to Idaho. Ye haw. :D

QuadJunkies
03-31-2003, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Dune Surfer
Well my wife booked her flight to NY this july. It looks like I'm free to go to Idaho. Ye haw. :D WHOOO HHOO!!! Let dunetopia begin!!!:blah

ThorChick
04-01-2003, 05:58 AM
YAY!!! I'm coming too!!!:D :p

out4sand
04-01-2003, 06:09 AM
I know you've probably already posted it but when is your trip planned in July? I'm going to be in the Boise area twice for work in July and maybe I can swing the dune trip in somehow :D

QuadJunkies
04-01-2003, 06:15 AM
WEll, dunebiker will be coming also, and MAYBE if we can talk Twisted threads into it, (hehe,hes gonna try and get the time off from work):p and I got word from chknhwk may go too!..not sure on the statusd of Jim going now since his expenses on the dale:(..I would still love for him to make it down...We have a guy who bought a set of my tires from Wyoming that is also going and approx. 10-15 local riders.THis will be a fun trip..:cool:

QuadJunkies
04-01-2003, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by out4sand
I know you've probably already posted it but when is your trip planned in July? I'm going to be in the Boise area twice for work in July and maybe I can swing the dune trip in somehow :D I believe the dates are July10-14 I think its Fri thru Mon. Trip... I live close to Boise... You travel up here much?? What Co. if you dont mind me asking???I think we should try and talk sandgod and Wyoduner into going... I would love to make a vidoe of all of us :cool:

out4sand
04-01-2003, 07:05 AM
You know that might be do-able.....

As of right now, I'm scheduled to install some furniture in Middleton the week of July 8th, a Albertson Foundation TWT lab if you know what those are, so maybe I can swing it :D :D

I travel to the Boise area a few times a year at the least. I have already been twice this year. I was just in Jerome last week. I sell computer furniture to schools, libraries, and such. (www.gingles-co.com) Typically I work the installations as well. I'm working with the Boise School district right now on a couple more labs so I may make more trips this year.

I have a couple buddies that really want to ride in Idaho so maybe I can work something out to get them there as well.

I can't think of a better place then St Anthony's to shoot some film, work on those guys :D

QuadJunkies
04-01-2003, 07:15 AM
You know that might be do-able.....

As of right now, I'm scheduled to install some furniture in Middleton the week of July 8th, a Albertson Foundation TWT lab if you know what those are, so maybe I can swing it :D :D

I travel to the Boise area a few times a year at the least. I have already been twice this year. I was just in Jerome last week. I sell computer furniture to schools, libraries, and such. (www.gingles-co.com) Typically I work the installations as well. I'm working with the Boise School district right now on a couple more labs so I may make more trips this year.

I have a couple buddies that really want to ride in Idaho so maybe I can work something out to get them there as well.

I can't think of a better place then St Anthony's to shoot some film, work on those guys :D Ok well, Im not far from Middleton eitherr.. I live about 20 minutes from Boise so I am closer there.. Will you be wanting to Camp or stay in a room?? I have a few suggestions on both..Hope you can swing it,now to start to look for a good video cam for this trip... mine sucks,maybe have someone goin who can film also,so Ill ask him and Im with you... Cant think of a better place to film... HAve you even been to St. A's??Im having a get together BBQ the night before so all can get to know one another before the drive up

out4sand
04-01-2003, 07:20 AM
I'd be up for either, camping or hoteling it. What are the others planning on doing?

I've been twice and had a blast both times. I put a lab in at South Freemont HS last summer in St Anthony's...broke my heart let me tell you :D

QuadJunkies
04-01-2003, 07:27 AM
I'd be up for either, camping or hoteling it. What are the others planning on doing?

I've been twice and had a blast both times. I put a lab in at South Freemont HS last summer in St Anthony's...broke my heart let me tell you :D haha Im sure it did..:p My neighbor thats going with us has got a school reunion in St.A's the following week and is debating on whether to just stay there for two weeks of sand and parties..:blah .. well then you know of all the facilites there, I was just going to say that LAke Egin campground may still be under constuction for anytone planning on staying there may want a secondary idea, I read they are argueing over who is gaining revenue over the new camp and may not be ready until July, but not sure when in July. We are staying at the Best Western..We have a few friends that will camp also

WyoDuner
04-01-2003, 07:56 AM
So it looks like everybody is going the week after 4th of July week. Hmmm...

I would love to go too but since I'm running out of vacation, and 4th of July falls on a Friday it's hard not to go during that week.

Besides, I did such a good job at avoiding QuadJunkies last time we were both there.... :)

QuadJunkies
04-01-2003, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by WyoDuner
So it looks like everybody is going the week after 4th of July week. Hmmm...

I would love to go too but since I'm running out of vacation, and 4th of July falls on a Friday it's hard not to go during that week.

Besides, I did such a good job at avoiding QuadJunkies last time we were both there.... :) haha thanks alot Wyoduner!!Well once again it looks like we will be passing each other by..:(

Sandgod4
04-01-2003, 01:28 PM
More room for us I guess Wyoduner...:o

Dune Surfer
04-01-2003, 01:55 PM
Wyodunner thats weak:confused2
Try this...cough, cough,sniff,sniff. Boss I'm sorry I feel really bad, I don't think I can make it in today, I'm real sorry.
I'm coming all the way from San Diego, you can find a way.

QuadJunkies
04-01-2003, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Dune Surfer
Wyodunner thats weak:confused2
Try this...cough, cough,sniff,sniff. Boss I'm sorry I feel really bad, I don't think I can make it in today, I'm real sorry.
I'm coming all the way from San Diego, you can find a way. no kiddin!! My motto is..... you save your sick days forwhen your NOT sick!!:blah And I think you will have it REEEALLL bad......:eek: :p

QuadJunkies
04-01-2003, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Sandgod4
More room for us I guess Wyoduner...:o That goes for you too Sandgod!:eek: :D lol....

rhandw69
04-01-2003, 03:45 PM
OUT4SAND,
Let me know how you will work your transportation for that trip. Im definetely planning on heading over there, and that looks like a good time for me as well. We were going to drive back to Colorado for a vacation this year, and we still may, but that wont happen until late August.
I was trying to get on Mapquest to see just how long of a drive it would be from here.
QUADJUNKIE,
How far is the nearest town with a hotel. I doubt id stay in a motel, but just in case. The way gas is these days it would cost a fortune for me to tow my Toyhauler, so i think we will tent it.

QuadJunkies
04-01-2003, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by rhandw69
OUT4SAND,
Let me know how you will work your transportation for that trip. Im definetely planning on heading over there, and that looks like a good time for me as well. We were going to drive back to Colorado for a vacation this year, and we still may, but that wont happen until late August.
I was trying to get on Mapquest to see just how long of a drive it would be from here.
QUADJUNKIE,
How far is the nearest town with a hotel. I doubt id stay in a motel, but just in case. The way gas is these days it would cost a fortune for me to tow my Toyhauler, so i think we will tent it. The closeset Hotel is in Rexburg which is about 20 minutes from where we will be riding.Where in Wash do you live? I mean, are you close to Seattle?then I can give you a round about cause I used to live in Seattle when working on fishing boatup there, so I know how far the drive is ...

rhandw69
04-01-2003, 04:41 PM
Im actually in south Tacoma. McChord air force base which is in Lakewood. Im guessing rite around 12-14 hours depending if I pull a trailer. I think well forget about the motel thing, id rather sleep on the sand and wake up in the dunes rather than have to drive to them everyday. I cant waite to check this place out.

QuadJunkies
04-01-2003, 05:20 PM
Im actually in south Tacoma. McChord air force base which is in Lakewood. Im guessing rite around 12-14 hours depending if I pull a trailer. I think well forget about the motel thing, id rather sleep on the sand and wake up in the dunes rather than have to drive to them everyday. I cant waite to check this place out. I sand camp locally, but love a bed and hot tub when we go to St. Anthonys...Are you anywhere near Ft. Lewis? From Boise to Seattle I know its about 9 hours so add about another 7 to that cause its 5 and a half hours from Boise...ohhhh your gonna love it there....:cool: Are you going up the same week are or the week Wyoduner is?

WyoDuner
04-02-2003, 09:17 AM
rhandw69, If you stay at the "resort" you have grass, trees, water and toilets and showers. If you are going to tent it then that's probably the place to do it at.

I've tented it many times there and it's not bad at all. $16 per night though.

I guess I'll be missing you all this time. Also, my wife will probably come out this time with our son (17 months old now) and we'll stay at the resort when we go. He just got his firs quad - an electric Power Wheels and he is learning to ride that so he should be a pro by the time July comes around.

rhandw69
04-02-2003, 09:42 AM
Im not 100% sure yet on the week that im coming out there. Alot depends with all that is going on in the world. I heard about a big group going for the 4th of july, then i heard about a group going the week after that. Im rite next door to Fort Lewis.
It looks like i may end up hauling our trailer, so i think i need to call the resort. For our trip this Memorial day, we are going to experiment by hauling a hot tub to the dunes. We figure we can fill it once we get down there, and we have a generator to run it off of.
SHould be interesting!

ThorChick
04-02-2003, 09:45 AM
Hot tub??? Where will you be going for Memorial Day rhandw69?hehehe....hot tubbing at the dunes, I need pictures of this.

rhandw69
04-02-2003, 11:20 AM
Winchester is where we will be at. We came up with this idea last labor day at sand lake, i think it will work, we just have to get all the logistics in order. If not, there is always the ocean! Only about 60 degrees cooler.

QuadJunkies
04-02-2003, 06:41 PM
Winchester is where we will be at. We came up with this idea last labor day at sand lake, i think it will work, we just have to get all the logistics in order. If not, there is always the ocean! Only about 60 degrees cooler. wow!! What a cool Idea, and I tohught us taking Troys Semi would be cool(literally,a refrigerated semi for those hot day...:p ) I def. whould like to see a pic of that!!!:blah You ought to send that one to a mag!!!