PDA

View Full Version : Home made graphics

Newbie400ex
03-31-2003, 02:12 PM
I was experimenting with making my own graphics. I only had blue and silver vinyl so not much detail. I wanna do it all in black and gold. This is a pic of my first couple tries. Waddya think? Not really blingin' but then again I am anti-bling. Maybe with more practice and colors. ;) Please excuse the mud. :devil

"BLAHH"300!!
03-31-2003, 02:56 PM
good job on the skull.
you make that? i'd buy that in a store.
do you like tribal art? try some of that.
maybe some keltic type art.

03-31-2003, 03:23 PM
dang man, your plastics r faded, my 02 plastics (had my 02 since october 2001) are like still the organgish/yellow color! but the graphics look good

CoorsMan
03-31-2003, 03:27 PM
hey nice skull did u cut it freehand? I mess around in vinly to but I cut out beer logo's or lettering. Just waiting for a scanner so I scan black and white picts in.

Coorsman

Martin Blair
03-31-2003, 04:12 PM
i like the skull, your plastic is faded on my 02 we picked up in september it is style very bright no scratchs at all, but of corse it sits in the garge along with the rancher and my mom say i take better care of it then i do myself.

Newbie400ex
04-01-2003, 06:24 AM
Yeah, my plastic is pretty dam faded.. I noticed it when I took the front honda sticker off. I really don't know why 'cause it's not in the sun that much. I don't have a garage so it does sit outside. (chained down like a mofo). I do usually have it covered up with a tarp though.
The graphics weren't that hard. I did it like this:

1. Took a picture of the panel I wanted to place the graphics on with my digital camera.
2. Transferred the picture to my PC and used Paint Shop Pro 7 to draw the graphics over the picture. (usually best to pick one side and then mirror it so both sides of the drawing are exactly the same)
3. Print out a test page on regular paper and check it for size. Resize your image if necessary. (only print out the layer with the graphic on it not the picture of the quad.)
4. If it's the right size then put your vinyl in your printer and print the outline of the graphic on the vinyl backing itself.
5. Use some scissors and a razor knife to cut out the graphic and place it on the quad. (very carefully)
6. I took a ruler and a permanent marker and traced the outline and draw in simple lines for detail.

I'm going to buy some different colors and layer them to make different effects. I only had a little bit of blue to work with. (silver too but it sucked). Maybe do a little tribal or similar on the sides and stuff.