PDA

View Full Version : Why Is Pep Always Busy??

toomeyshee87
03-31-2003, 01:29 PM
ive been calling there all night and whenever i do its busy. are that many ppl buying shocks or what?

Taco
03-31-2003, 01:31 PM
b/c they suck:rolleyes:

batgeek
03-31-2003, 01:32 PM
phone seks.

AtvMxRider
03-31-2003, 01:33 PM
Do you want them for next summer cause you won't get them this summer.

Dave400ex
03-31-2003, 02:11 PM
Call Baldwin...

Derek
03-31-2003, 02:25 PM
"Why is PEP always busy???" Cause there PEP:D

Bean
03-31-2003, 02:53 PM
when your the best, you allways have something to build

03-31-2003, 03:08 PM
Funny u ask. I have been trying to call abt my rear shock for the last month. Busy all the time. Once on sunday it rings they pick up but the shop isnt open sundays. I was gunna make a post abt this but decided not to. O yea i also figured out why its always busy. THEY LEAVE THE PHONE OFF THE HOOK!:mad: And i am 100% sure on this because i called right as they put the phone off the hook. I could hear them talking and everything. It really gets me mad that they do that. I needed to get in touch with them so bad i had to overnight them a letter.:grr

Dave400ex
03-31-2003, 03:28 PM
Sounds like top notch customer service there :rolleyes:

Glamis400ex
03-31-2003, 03:29 PM
A friend of mine rides with Ron (the owner) from PEP...yes, they do take the phone off the hook, and also here in the southwest, it's riding season. He's always out here in the dunes for weeks at a time.

I asked my friend the same question, why it takes so long for shocks when most shops get them out in a month or less.....she didn't have an answer :confused:

Glamis

RiPPiNiTuP7
03-31-2003, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by WarriorMan
Sounds like top notch customer service there :rolleyes:

Ya but ya got to remember, theres only a couple workers there, and that phone rings all day, now how are they suppose to get all the shocks built for people if their on the phone all day answering questions....just something to keep in mind. PEP are extremely friendly people...I know this from past experience ;)

Dave400ex
03-31-2003, 03:48 PM
Yeah I know what you mean. Tom does the same thing. I have tried calling before and instead of putting it off the hook, he just doesn't answer, but I have also called at 8:00 one night and the man was still there. lmao

toomeyshee87
03-31-2003, 03:59 PM
well i think ill have my shocks this summer cuz i ordered them over a month ago and Wayne said they wouldnt be that long. now i understand why its always busy tho lol:D

AL81
03-31-2003, 04:40 PM
If you want to get ahold of wayne you have to call the shop at 6 o'clock or later in the evening i talked to wayne a couple of hours ago

300exTJjeeper
03-31-2003, 07:54 PM
seems to me that is bad customer service. Also that they should hire more people to do the job. Even though there awesome shocks, for the price you guys pay for them, you should get some kind of star service.

Theonly thing you guys get is a awesome shock, but lousy service,. Just my .02

QuadTrix6
03-31-2003, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by RiPPiNiTuP7
Ya but ya got to remember, theres only a couple workers there, and that phone rings all day, now how are they suppose to get all the shocks built for people if their on the phone all day answering questions....just something to keep in mind. PEP are extremely friendly people...I know this from past experience ;)

yes they def are when you can get in touch with them :mad:

QuadTrix6
03-31-2003, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by AL81
If you want to get ahold of wayne you have to call the shop at 6 o'clock or later in the evening i talked to wayne a couple of hours ago

:eek2: :huh

toomeyshee87
04-01-2003, 01:22 PM
well i let it ring about 100000 times and finally they took it off the hook and i could hear em talking and stuff so i started yelling into the phone but they didnt hear me:p ill try again later tonite

crap-banshee32
04-01-2003, 04:02 PM
call baldwin motorsports, he builds the shocks right there at his shop and there great without the wait!!!! maybe a month wait, thats it!!!

toomeyshee87
04-02-2003, 10:46 AM
i ordered my shocks from wayne at pep in february, im just calling to find out how much more of a wait it will be

Glamis400ex
04-02-2003, 01:38 PM
good luck with that toomeyshee...:ermm:

Glamis

quadracer12
04-02-2003, 06:33 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Glamis400ex
[B]A friend of mine rides with Ron (the owner) from PEP...yes, they do take the phone off the hook, and also here in the southwest, it's riding season. He's always out here in the dunes for weeks at a time.

ron?

QuadTrix6
04-02-2003, 11:20 PM
i thought the owner was wayne?

intruder
04-03-2003, 12:27 AM
1st try got right through and asked them about taking the phone off the hook not true. They helped me out a great deal. They also have a fax number that you could use. This story about taking the phone off the hook is just not true. Why do people start s*** like this?

toomeyshee87
04-03-2003, 10:56 AM
thanks intruder, ill try right now and see if i can get ahold of them
later

toomeyshee87
04-03-2003, 11:24 AM
well its still busy, if someone gets through, do ya wanna ask how my shocks are comin?lol:D

QuadTrix6
04-03-2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by intruder
1st try got right through and asked them about taking the phone off the hook not true. They helped me out a great deal. They also have a fax number that you could use. This story about taking the phone off the hook is just not true. Why do people start s*** like this?

dont tell me whats true and whats not. This happened to me first hand experience. I called. the phone didnt even ring it just came right off the hook at the exact time i called. bound to happen since i call at least 50 times a day no exaggeration trying to get through. I know they take it off! I dont care whether u believe me or not but they do. They are not on the phone for the whole day they take it off the hook.

DirtDiggler
04-03-2003, 12:00 PM
My best friend has PEPs and they are awesome without a doubt. I just don't see why it takes so long. I think they could train at least one more person if not two. I've heard of plenty of people who would buy PEP but don't because of the wait and the inability to get a hold of anyone. I'll bet if he did train two more people they would still be just as busy but would make twice as much money. I do agree if your paying top dollar for something you should be able to check on your order from time to time especially when your waiting months.

Glamis400ex
04-03-2003, 03:53 PM
Quadracer12,

That's what my friend says. There's probably more than 1 guy that owns that shop, joint venture thing. Anyhow, I've met him, but don't know him. Not trying to pass bad info, just what I've heard.

Glamis

QuadTrix6
04-05-2003, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by DirtDiggler
My best friend has PEPs and they are awesome without a doubt. I just don't see why it takes so long. I think they could train at least one more person if not two. I've heard of plenty of people who would buy PEP but don't because of the wait and the inability to get a hold of anyone. I'll bet if he did train two more people they would still be just as busy but would make twice as much money. I do agree if your paying top dollar for something you should be able to check on your order from time to time especially when your waiting months.

how do they stack up against your elkas ? cause i know there both really good shocks

DirtDiggler
04-05-2003, 09:46 AM
My Elkas were way to stiff so I sent them back to the shop to have them looked at but it's only been a couple of days and I haven't heard anything yet. The PEPs were perfect right after they were installed and they did everything great but he waited 3 months and bought them localy and they cost more and he paid sales tax so I saved almost $400. The PEPs where very plush and I didn't get tired from riding them hard. The soaked up little bumps to big whoops and still felt plush and they landed of jumps like you were landing on a pillow but didn't bottom out.

I will be interested to see how they compare after I get them back. Both sets of shocks were valved for a 200 pound cross country rider. We are both about the same height and weight.

terko440
04-05-2003, 01:53 PM
I can confess to the taking the phone off the hook myself, nothing against them but it rang like 10 time and they probably assumed I was done waiting and they it picked up and I could here the backround noise and no answer though. But it shouldnt be a secret to anyone so yes if you guys really want to get a hold of them fax them! They have gotten back to me both times a day or two later. Lady at Laegers told me she has to do this for selling them a-arms, in which I have a pair of +3 long travels on order! woo hoo! Their fax is 1-909-590-3866. Good luck fellas