PDA

View Full Version : silver lake need drivers license ?

250x
03-31-2003, 01:13 PM
im heading there tommorow april 1st and ive read on there site you need a valid drivers license? but not sure if thats for orv or atv's as well. i have a suspended license. has anyone been there with there quad and been asked for there license? thanks

pairanutz
03-31-2003, 07:44 PM
never had them ask for lis but they are cracking down on noise -its probable for buggys and trucks for lis- hope you have more fun than we did last trip-gotta post pics when you get back
get there early so you can get your voucher for when it your turn in the park

250x
03-31-2003, 09:48 PM
yea, we are leaving now. its 4am takes 4 hours to get there. vouchers are not available till may and only on weekends and holidays. ill take pics for yall. why didnt you have fun?

250x
03-31-2003, 09:48 PM
yea, we are leaving now. its 4am takes 4 hours to get there. vouchers are not available till may and only on weekends and holidays. ill take pics for yall. why didnt you have fun?

Jennys440'Dale
04-01-2003, 01:10 AM
Hey 250x-- let me know how cold it is up there! There is about 35 of us heading up on April 11th and I think we are in for some Frozen sand!!

SLB400EX
04-01-2003, 08:39 AM
Jenny...girlfriend..you gotta have some faith here!!

lol.
frozen sand or not..we'll have fun. :blah

10 days and a wake up til we head to SILVER LAKE!!!!

hhmm, hope 250x is havin' fun!

250x
04-01-2003, 02:30 PM
frozen sand? its 55 up there. the sand was like suger. it was more fun then i can say! we poped off soo much air time! wow, fun! and being the first opening day and a weekday we had the place to our selves. maybe 25 people there all day. we made are own tracks wherever we went. vergin sand. could not have been better.:D

SLB400EX
04-02-2003, 02:17 AM
SWEET!!!!!
I hope we luck out and get decent temps too..just NO rain..please..no rain.
I CAN'T wait to get up in the sand!!!!!!
9 more days...
9 more days!!!!
Glad to hear you had fun..

any pictures??

oynot400
04-02-2003, 05:32 AM
Glad to hear that you had a good time up there. I went up there a little over a year ago. We did not have that great of a time. It was cold, and really windy. That was not the part that upset us. It was the fact pay to park, even the quads that we were riding. :grr Then we had to pay to get a permit to ride. :mad: I don't have a problem paying to ride in a park, but it should not cost me an arm and leg to ride. Then to have the dunes only one way? :confused2 I understand it is for safety but we alway have enough spotters to look out.
I think we will keep going to the Little Sahara. It is only about $7 to ride all day and night! The parking is free, unless you are going to camp. Then it is only cost us about $15 for a 4 day weekend.

250x
04-02-2003, 12:26 PM
you must be spoiled at where you ride because any and every place i ride like badlands and ottawa it cost $15 to ride. and thats what it cost at silver lake. but its actually cheaper in silver lake because you buy the michigan sticker for $16 and its good all year. badlands is $15 each visit. and 1 way traffic beats a head on any day. i personly hate to always have a spotter because we just made a coarse so we can jump all 7 hills without stopping, so are you going to have a spotter on all 7 hills at once so you dont have to stop? i hate having a spotter on 1 hill and keep jumping the same hill over and over. i had a blast and not 1 complaint. if you want things to be so perfect then stay home, set the heat just like you like it,and enjoy planting your ***** on your free parking lazyboy.

quader400
04-02-2003, 03:03 PM
yea im going up to badlands this weekend hopefully if i get my swing arm pivot bolt in time. then later in the year i hope to be heading up to the silverlake dunes. does any one know how long it takes to get up there from around chicago. well have to get a buch of people to ride both times any one going to badlands this weekend?:confused:

quader400
04-02-2003, 03:06 PM
hey 250x where in illinois do you live?

250x
04-02-2003, 03:10 PM
its about 3 hours north/east of chic. im in the south suburbs (park forest) and we made it in 3 hours 45 minutes. i am sooo sick of badlands, nothing to jump! climp stupid hills all day and have your rims beat up from those dang peegravels. it makes your rims look like pitted chrome. insted of driving 2 1/2 hours south just go 3 hours north to silver lake.

250x
04-02-2003, 03:12 PM
quader400, what town r u in?

quader400
04-02-2003, 03:24 PM
i live up above chicago. my town is called barrington its around palatine, shaumburg, and lake zurich i dont know if you have heard of any these towns they are all pretty small towns. but it takes me 4 hours to get to badlands. and there arent really any tracks to close. have you ever been to byron. its a pretty sweet track i guess its the only real track ive been to. since there are no tracks near me i just set up a few jumps in my back yard. i have to probably 15 footers and one 45 foot gap.

250x
04-02-2003, 04:21 PM
yea i know where you are. i cant see driving 4 hours to go to attica. silver lake is closer and far better if you like jumping. ive seen pics of bryon and would love to try it some time. i heard the joliet track allows quads now maybe you can try that. and you can try ottawa its about 3 hours west of you. you have a 45 foot gap jump in your back yard? thats pretty big, ottawa has a 35 footer and ya have to hit it pretty fast. if you go to silver lake you will drop badlands like a girlfriend that dont open there legs.

quader400
04-02-2003, 04:29 PM
yea i have only been to badlands 1 this is my first year ridding. my friend is good and im compettitive so i picked it up really fast. yea my 45 only had to be hit in like mid 3rd to make it has alot of lip to it. that is the bad thing about badlands there are no jumps. yea so i am hoping to get out to silverlake this year.

oynot400
04-03-2003, 01:26 AM
I guess we must be spoiled over here. The Little Sahara is the only place we go that we have to pay to ride. When we go to Wisconsin riding the trails there is no fee. The places I have gone to in Iowa are all free also, (they are paid for with your registration sticker each year).
If you ever get the chance go to the LS in Oklahoma, then you will know what I am talking about. ;) I agree going one way is way better then a head on crash. That and with 1500 + acres to play in, the dunes are spread out alot more then Siverlake. With the sand the wind can change the dunes so going the oppisite way gives a better jump.
If it was closer I might go back, but for us it is only a hour or two more to the LS. :)