PDA

View Full Version : Central California EXRider Seeking Riding Freinds

highlander
03-31-2003, 11:18 AM
Hi Everyone! My name is John and I'm 36. I ride a 400EX (brand new) and classify myself as a beginner In the "Sport" arena. I also have a 2000 Suzuki QuadRunner 250 that I use for maintaining the 15 acres here in the Sierra foothills east of Fresno California. I went out and bought the 400EX after I caught myself trying to figure out ways I could strip down and modify my QR250 to make it go faster (I got the racing bug).

After braking in the 400EX here at home I went up to Carnegie Sunday (3/30) and gave it a good run. I admit I'm a little out of shape so my legs are a little wobbly today and my thumb started cramping up yesterday after a couple of hours. I had a great time but It would be allot more fun to ride with friends. Especially with friends that are not apposed to dispensing a little advise.

I'm single so I'm available most weekends. I really want to go to Pismo but I want to ride with someone there that knows the area.

:macho

TT 400ex
03-31-2003, 12:31 PM
hey they have a flat track race sunday at 2 in merced they race quads there and in chowchilla. you said lookin for people a great way to meet people with your interest and a lot of fun to try

highlander
03-31-2003, 03:02 PM
Thanks TT 400ex! Where can go/call to get more info on the Merced flat track?

QUADROOKIE
03-31-2003, 03:43 PM
Hi. This is a little off your topic, but I have a Bro-in-law who lives in Visalia, and teaches and coaches wrestling at Hanford. I was there last summer for 2 weeks and loved it! Went to Fresno, Santa cruz, San Fran, and San Jose. I want to move out there so bad!! Maybe some day! Congrats on the EX purchase. It is a great machine.

TT 400ex
03-31-2003, 04:05 PM
if your interested email me its this sunday at fair grounds in merced gates open at 12 racing starts at 2 or 3

Dune Surfer
03-31-2003, 05:11 PM
Hey nice to meet ya. I live down by San Diego. During the winter we usually ride Glamis. I was thinking of taking another trip to Pismo. Let me know when you want to go I'll meet you up there. Were about the same age ( to old to be crazy). I might be going to glamis this weekend, but if my buds want to wait I might go to Pismo. You will like it. Pismo is not real big, but big enough to have fun. Plus it's fun camping uo the beach. Let me know and I'll make reservations

highlander
04-01-2003, 04:50 AM
I'm game for Pismo this weekend if it's not ranning.

Pismo Weather (http://www.weather.com/weather/local/USCA0796?lswe=Oceano%2C+ca&lswa=WeatherLocalUndeclared&whatprefs=)

I would also like to spend a long weekend down there in the desert.

highlander
04-01-2003, 05:09 AM
I tried to email you at the address in your profile and it bounced back. "Host Unknown" :confused:

Luzinski
04-01-2003, 10:19 AM
Hey John!

Another really good place to ride is Clear Creek. It is between Fresno and San Benito county. Here is the link. It is really big with lots to see and great trails.

http://www.ca.blm.gov/hollister/clear_creek_management_area.html

Dune Surfer
04-01-2003, 12:46 PM
Hey John.
The weather looks a dicey this weekend at Pismo. (darn it) Your invited to go with us to Glamis the weekend of the 19th:D About ten of us are going out. If you've never been, it something you don't want to miss.
I will meet you at Pismo any other time though.The last week or the end of april? We are trying to get as many Glamis trips in as we can before it gets to hot to ride.

Davids440ex
04-01-2003, 05:37 PM
when you want some info on motocross racing in california contact me. going down to Glen Helen on April 12 and 13th for the White Bro's 4-stroke nationals.

highlander
04-02-2003, 07:09 PM
Thanks Davids440ex I sure will. I looked at the 4 Stroke Nationals web site and it shows it in Sacramento on 4/20. Am I looking at the right thing?

4 Stroke Nationals (http://www.4strokenationals.com/)

highlander
04-02-2003, 07:28 PM
Thanks Dune Surfer! I have been invited to a ride at Hollester the 17th - 20th. The plans are tentative at the moment so if it falls through, I'll make the 7 hour trip down there.

Davids440ex
04-02-2003, 07:30 PM
no thats not it. its al Glen helen www.glenhelen.com i think and www.itpquadcross.com i belvie those should work

highlander
04-02-2003, 07:33 PM
Never mind Davids440EX, I can't read. You said "White Bro's 4-stroke nationals"

Dune Surfer
04-03-2003, 04:45 PM
Cool Highlander, I had my dates wrong anyway. I think the weekend we are all going is the 12th. This weekend I'm going to glamis with another EXrider member called Glamis400ex.
If we don't hook up for a Glamis trip I'll start coming up to Pismo in about a month when it gets to hot at glamis. Keep in touch.

highlander
04-03-2003, 05:09 PM
Hey Dune Surfer! I'm going to Glamis this weekend. I'm leaving tomorrow and staying until Sunday afternoon. I drive a green Dodge Durango with the plates "WEB ACE." If you email me I'll send you my cell number. I've never been there so I have no Idea where I'll be. My 400EX has a USA flag on the nose.

Dune Surfer
04-03-2003, 05:50 PM
Right on!!!
I'm leaving friday around noon. We will be parked at the very end of gecko road at the roadrunner campground. I'll be driving a gold ford ranger with lic. plates that say (DUNE ATV) PM or e-mail me your cell # and I'll call you before I leave. My E-mail is (surfski1@cox.net)
Your gonna love Glamis. Its big. Look me up and I'll give you a tour. Here is a pic of my plates , my quad and me

Dune Surfer
04-03-2003, 05:52 PM
My quad, I cut the fenders since this pic but look for the light on the bars

Dune Surfer
04-03-2003, 05:55 PM
me