PDA

View Full Version : Rebuild suspension

Martin Blair
03-31-2003, 11:04 AM
I made a few post about new suspension systems and aeres what i have decided instead of doing a new front end this spring i am going to get a job over the summer and save up for a rebuild this winter, yeah yeah i know its 7-8months away so heres what i have decided.

A set of houser +2 a arms and elka dual rate shocks with rezzys comp adjustment. A hourser +1 1/4 rear swingarm and a elka dual rate dual adjust rear shock with a rpm dominator axle and adjustable link.

My parents will most likly get the ar arms for me for xmas but should i get long travel? since im going on a bigger bugdet ?

After that its it for the 400 for a while i still need a truck.

j37
03-31-2003, 02:32 PM
That seems like a good combination of stuff. The only thing is that to save some money you should just get an Elka rear shock conversion kit, its just as good as an aftermarket shock plus you save a few bucks to put into tires or something. Call Christian Paul Motorsports (518) 661-6321 he's an Elka, Houser, and RPM dealer and a few more brands. He'll set you up with all that stuff, maybe you could get a deal or something if you buy it all from him at one time.

Martin Blair
03-31-2003, 02:36 PM
how much is the rebuild?

Nausty
03-31-2003, 03:45 PM
NO WAY!!@ Stay the heck away from the rebuilds. It costs $330 bucks and your still stuck with one crappy shaft. I had mine rebuilt and ended up blowing the seal twice and I think I bent the shaft not to mention you have little adjustabilty and the performace sucks compared to the full on aftermarket shock. Don't make the mistake I did and waste 330 bucks and end up buying aftermarket anyways. argh not to mention when they did blow I had to wait around a month each time waiting for shipping and for them to do the job. They gave us the line that I ride to hard on them and judging from my pics I don't think I ride hard at all. They didn't perform anywhere near to what the aftermarket one does anyways. The rebuild was to hard on the rutts and soft jumps and was to soft on the big hits and it was constantly floating over the rough stuff. Save yourself the hassle and do it right the first time and have a spare shock out of the deal:o

Martin Blair
03-31-2003, 04:07 PM
ok im getting a job this summer and as soon as i get the 1400 im gettign new shock front and rear then we will see what happens from there i might not get arms or swing rm i might like it with just shcoks, the trails arround hear are pretty skinny but i will see how i like it with shocks and evetually i will get a arms and a swingarm.