PDA

View Full Version : 2001 300 ex

12-17-2001, 11:09 AM
i was wanting a little more power i was thinkng of a pipe jet kit and sprocket and i was wonder what you would suggest.

yellowrider
12-17-2001, 01:11 PM
hey i think you might want to put 20inch tires on it. what i recomend is 400ex tires they griped really well yesterday when my friend was over. we went through mud and he made it just fine and hill climbs with loose dirt it helped him to.
one reason cause 400ex tires grip well
2 cause they are smaller than the 300ex tires which equal more accelration. more power for going up hills and going through trails.

as of right now i would recomend getting those tires for the reglar everyday trail or less you go through some some deep deep mud or you dont feel confident thta you arent going to make it out of the mud hole you muight want to consider sur tracs. my buddy has them on his recon. but i dont know how they do on a 300ex . (that is one of my promblems i dont know if ii should get those or 400ex tires) but anyhow take a tooth of the sproket will give you a whole lot more accelration!! with that combo you cant fo wrong and it is under 150 dollars.

and then you could slap on a e series pipe pro meg for a abvout 480 dollars i do believe cause i checked it out last mointh that is with all the tax.
they toldl me it was supposed to give between 4.5 to 7 horspower but who knows????

what i liiked about the 20 inch tires on the 300ex was itd accerated really fast on a trail .. what i didnt like if you had to run from a cop on a rode and you didnt know any trails arouind where you are running from them you might as well stop cause they are going to get you there is no losing them. ( i know you cant loose them wioth any quad or less y ou get on a trail but this makes it even worse.

oh one more thing i didnt like giveing up all that ground clearance that sucked always hitting stuff

12-17-2001, 02:11 PM
I have a buddy that has the stock 400EX tires on his 300 and it made a big difference. He gained some acceleration and A TON of traction. His bike also handles better now. The stock 300 rear tires are too tall and ballooney. It was a very good purchase. I would also advise that you drop a tooth on your front sprocket. You will gain a ton of bottom end power.

trueblue450
12-17-2001, 08:29 PM
Uhh they don't make 12 tooth front sprockets for a 300EX.

Anyways, I would get the 20"s and I would get a pipe, filter and jets. Then you should have signifigant power, and I would acually go up to a 14 tooth front, so you can get more top speed if thats what your looking for. Then after that , youll have to get into the engine.