PDA

View Full Version : Raptor Rear SHock fit a 300ex????????????

300exTJjeeper
03-31-2003, 07:02 AM
Quick question, I am redoing my suspenions on my 300ex. Right now I am waiting for my 400ex front end to come in to help out the jumps for the 300ex.

No for the rear I have heard of people putting on a rear raptor shock for the rear to help out. What I want to now is will the stock raptor shock fit onto a stock 300ex rear end.

Couple of questions how much travel will I be getting??
Can the preload be adjusted??
The overall performance of the rear end???

Sorry for the questions but I just want to get soem riders input that have this setup, te reason being, tight budjet.

Thanks in advance

phatswinn
03-31-2003, 08:51 AM
yes it does fit, i think you can use the raptor spring if ur over 200 lbs and have to use a 400ex spring if ur under 200 lbs, or something like that, also its fully adjustable and has a gas rezzy so its nice

300exTJjeeper
03-31-2003, 09:54 AM
Sweet,

Thanks for info and the suggestion, I guess I'll be making my way to looking into the raptor shock.

Thank You

95gtwindnhair
03-31-2003, 12:32 PM
I am about to purchase a 2000 300ex that is stock. I am interested in the 400Ex swap for the front end. What are the benefits for doing this? Does the 400Ex have longer a-arms? Sounds pretty easy. Thanks....

300exTJjeeper
03-31-2003, 07:58 PM
Oh yes indeed,

I have riden other 300ex with that mod, and it's awesome,.

You get more travel uop front, a smoother ride, you can hit way bigger jumps, there longer arms too, better traction and so on.

The cost is a very easy on the wallet. I got my 400ex front end total was about 200 That includes the
shock mount, that you have to buy from somebody that makes them
the 400ex upper and lower arms and 400ex tie rods

The mount is custom built and will set you back for around 50 bucks. It is mandatory because of the length of 400ex shocks.

Got any questions I'll be glad to help you oput

95gtwindnhair
04-01-2003, 03:04 AM
Cool Thanks! Sounds like a must. I should be getting my 300Ex this weekend or next week. One more question. You have to get 400Ex shocks or can you use the stock 300Ex shocks? I assume you would want the 400's shocks because they are better, longer or what? Thanks for the help....

300exTJjeeper
04-01-2003, 04:49 AM
Yes you do need to run 400ex shocks and 40ex upper and lowers arms with the tie rods.
It is cheap and simple direct fit, I don't race or nothing, I just like like mess around and do some jumping.

The custom mount, you can post up a thread and ask, because I know there are some members on here that make them, get in contact with Toby or toby400
He has cheap prices on that mount,

And the rest you can post up in the wanted section or browse through the for sale sectin.

That is where I got my stuff from in lesss than a week. ALso if you want you an proably sell your old 300ex shocks, and arms and get back some of your moeny too.

300exTJjeeper
04-01-2003, 05:37 AM
Tazz,
Please keep yoru sick-o comments to yourself, Nobody in here wants to see that stuff, If you want to be a sickp please make up your thread or go somewhere else

300exTJjeeper
04-01-2003, 05:46 AM
I havent made any sick comments like you have and posted them up. And please stop sending me PM's of you sick pictures too. If you send one more time I am goign to call you out.

bradley300
04-01-2003, 05:47 AM
this is a very easy conversion, i have done both (one of the first to do the raptor part. on the front, you can use 300ex shocks with the 400ex arms and no mounting brackett. you can only do this if the shocks are aftermarket b/c the will need to be re sprung/re valved. otherwise they will be way too soft.

300exTJjeeper
04-01-2003, 05:52 AM
If you go that route won't you get less travel than let's say the 400ex shocks.

I mean I am not hardcore or nothing, Just want to lan a jump with out bottom out. ALso I heard that if you start bottom out hard enough the stock mounts start to crack, is this true

SO in a sense it is better to get longer travel shocks with this setup, for messing around

300exTJjeeper
04-01-2003, 05:59 AM
hey tazz why is it when I post up something, you have to copy me, is it because it is not true and that you are trying to find a way to get back at me, I bet that is it.

I have only met you one time, a long time ago. And whe I saw you i knew there is something wrong because you were with some guy named Aaron, and I have heard story about him. And your the one with pictures that are sending them to me. Those picutres of you and Aaron are sicko

I have not sent you, even one picture so stop playing the get back game. All I ask if you please stop sending pictures of you and Aaron. Like I said a few post ago, if you send me one more picutre I will be calling you out

4punksdad
04-01-2003, 08:10 AM
tazz..........grow up or go away.

Tazz300ex
04-01-2003, 09:02 AM
Um yeah....I know TJ... we go riding every weekend...He figured out how to delete reply's and i haven't yet.. We talk s.it all the time.. We are in college together... If you want to side with him its cool.. But you don't know whats up......

Tazz300ex
04-01-2003, 09:09 AM
Are you happy I just figured out how to delete....

If you would of seen the messages TJ was leaving instead of the ones that are posted then you wouldn't have told me to grow up........

4punksdad
04-01-2003, 12:12 PM
ok....I'll buy that story................so why dont both of you use the aol IM for this crap rather than use our bandwith?

now there is a thought!