PDA

View Full Version : accurate feedback?

hsr
03-30-2003, 04:11 PM
don't get me wrong this sight is packed with tons of useful and interesting information. it keeps getting bigger and bigger, and keeps drawing in more members. but the thing is , sometimes i wonder who is really on the other side of the screen , or who is really posting replies to some of these forums? sometimes i think ppl just tell you what someone else told them or what they've heard somewhere and most of the time it's just a bunch of BS. sometimes i sense that people are posting ridiculous and inaccuarate replies to some of the questions posted in the forums. theres some real wackos in here. granted, i dont' know it all , i'll tell you that right now, but i don't reply to a forum unless i've had personal experience with the topic or if i'd seen it first hand. I want to make sure i can provide ppl with accurate info, that they can benefit from ,

( ok go ahead and ***** at me and tell me im wrong):(

"BLAHH"300!!
03-30-2003, 06:44 PM
....my opinion.

this is what i think of the site's posting.

. people post answer's to questions that have already been answered. one thread about filter cleaning, and 50 replies on how to clean it....?....there are threads that require more detail,
and/or some correcting, then some info on the guys bike
. people post threads about things that have been asked before.
if more people would read the SEARCH, TECH, and REVIEWS, sections, and even write an artical themselves, we could cut down on alot of post's.
More threads would make it into the "frequently asked" section if we narrowed our answer's to basic "to the point" post's.
(boring i understand)
no matter how simple the mod, or routine the matenence is, someone alway's has a question about it, and that's cool you know..i like reading the post too, and even respond like the rest of you. but it would save that guy alot of time.
Just wrote a review on the 300/400 front convertion. i'll do the oil cooler later. we always hear about those 2.

think before, and while you post.
this post prolly wont even get read in here.

not being a prick, just saying what most are prolly thinking.

QuadTrix6
04-10-2003, 01:04 PM
its a site where a lot of answers are based on people experiences and some knowledge that they learned along the way..when you have a ton of people responding if someone says something that not right,,,,wtch everyone jump all over him, this site is very very knowledgable

Pappy
04-10-2003, 01:08 PM
well look at it this way....

if you see a post...and have seen it before...chances are you will get accurate info. ive seen 4 or 5 replies in a row all stating to do the same procedure or purchase the same product. it doesnt matter really who posts it...if a majority picks certain products or practices you can bet im gonna be looking to follow them for the most part. yes ya still get someone's opinion but if you read enough threads and familiarize yourself with the membership you will soon see who's got thier stuff together and who doesnt.

yes its my 2 cents and no i dont give change:p

4punksdad
04-16-2003, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by hsr
don't get me wrong this sight is packed with tons of useful and interesting information. it keeps getting bigger and bigger, and keeps drawing in more members. but the thing is , sometimes i wonder who is really on the other side of the screen , or who is really posting replies to some of these forums? sometimes i think ppl just tell you what someone else told them or what they've heard somewhere and most of the time it's just a bunch of BS. sometimes i sense that people are posting ridiculous and inaccuarate replies to some of the questions posted in the forums. theres some real wackos in here. granted, i dont' know it all , i'll tell you that right now, but i don't reply to a forum unless i've had personal experience with the topic or if i'd seen it first hand. I want to make sure i can provide ppl with accurate info, that they can benefit from ,

( ok go ahead and ***** at me and tell me im wrong):(

I agree.............I try not to comment on things I have no knowledge of or experience with. I will however comment to try and help if nobody else has responded, giving my best guess. Many folks try to sound smart by simply puking up info that somebody else fed them. Regardless of the accuracy. This is true everywhere in life, not only at exriders.

AlaskaSpeed
04-16-2003, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by 4punksdad
I agree.............I try not to comment on things I have no knowledge of or experience with. I will however comment to try and help if nobody else has responded, giving my best guess. Many folks try to sound smart by simply puking up info that somebody else fed them. Regardless of the accuracy. This is true everywhere in life, not only at exriders.

Does this mean you don't want my opinions on excavation practices that I have pondered while sitting on the throne?:eek2:

AtvMxRider
04-16-2003, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by AlaskaSpeed
Does this mean you don't want my opinions on excavation practices that I have pondered while sitting on the throne?:eek2: