PDA

View Full Version : mideast race next sunday

holeshot19
03-30-2003, 02:20 PM
hopeing its not muddy.ive bought to many brake pads of late.im kinda i a pickle i got my 440 cly mechine shop . its the damest thing im going 2 have 800 dollars tied up in a 440 sleave. got it done the first time. never was rite, got home after the ga gncc race took it apart and beat the sleave out, then order a new honda replacement and bored it .080 and ran the nc race it runs ok but i like the 440 torq.i talk to mickey and he gave me his .02 cents worth.its a bummer i think i should get off my as@ and get in shape and ride my r:mad:

quadman21
04-01-2003, 02:41 AM
Finally!, someone with worse luck than me! JK, I seized my clutch cable at Uncle Lem's witch in trun burned up my clutch by not fully disengaging. When I removed the side cover I saw that my axle nut was completely gone. It's simply amazing that I even finished that race. Well when I put it all together I took off for about 100 yards than blew my head gasket on my 440. It's been running great for months now. When I replaced it, 3 of the four nuts were loose but everything torqued down ok. I'll have to go back and re-torque it after I put a few hours on it. I got my new elkas last week too, so after I finished with putting the new head gasket on I couldn't pull my clutch. The cable siezed again! That little guide thing was allowing my cable to rub my header. So I fixed that but I am waiting on a new clutch cable now.I haven't ridden since Uncle lem's and have new suspension, clutches, and head gasket I haven't ridden on yet:grr :grr :grr Someone doesn't want me to ride......:uhoh: