PDA

View Full Version : coal region in PA

rideREDrider
03-30-2003, 12:49 PM
today we where out by the coal region in PA an we heard that there is some awesome trails there an we talked to a guy an he showed us were they where so we went an looked for them an we did an "wow" we just took the pick up in the trails a little, but this summer we want to take the quads down.we were wondering if anybody no's if it is ok to ride on them

an if you did ride there how did you like it!!

they look sweet from what we saw??

Derek
03-30-2003, 03:17 PM
where at?:huh I ride by coal mines all over. Just give me a location

rideREDrider
03-31-2003, 08:29 AM
its in treamount, reading anthra site owns it

motoracer11
03-31-2003, 12:35 PM
ive road on some coal property, but not there...they are usually good trails, and they dont mind you riding on them unless you get in their way and rip eveything up

I ride coal property in southwest PA

02Yellow400
04-01-2003, 11:24 AM
I ride in hazelton sometimes and the riding thier is great. Lots of big rocks but aside from that the coal hills are great. We never have had a problem. We ride our quads to the gas station and cops never even bother us. Definatly a good place to ride.

300exracer
04-04-2003, 01:05 PM
I ride in a couple rocks dumps around my house and the are awsome!:D

Stevie-D
04-07-2003, 01:53 PM
the C-dale coal piles? there is a bunch of nice trails around there. if you get on the main trail ( abandoned railroad bed) you can go to NY one way, and down like 2 minits from my house the other way

nojoke4stroke
04-07-2003, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Stevie-D
the C-dale coal piles? there is a bunch of nice trails around there. if you get on the main trail ( abandoned railroad bed) you can go to NY one way, and down like 2 minits from my house the other way

Talk to speedDemin85,he lives in carbondale and im a little north. We've been talking about meeting up on the DL&W active railroad line that runs through keyser ave in scranton and then heading up here down there or both.Just not sure which line goes where,are you talking about the lackawanna trail when you said abandoned railroad bed?Let us know about any info you have on this cuz i cant find any specifics on what goes where.

250x#93
04-10-2003, 12:28 PM
I ride all around and threw old coal mines, they are awesome because of the huge piles of dirt they made, Back in the day the strip jobs were just left as a high wall(where they took the coal from) and a spoil pile(all the dirt in a pile that they pulled away from the high wall) this makes for really good riding, because the old spoil pile is good for small climbs and kids, and the worn down high walls are great for hill climbin. Problem is nowin days they don't do that, they just level everything off. Plus u can get a run down the spoil pile to get speed for the high wall:devil Just figured I'd mention that stuff. My dad works for a strip job and runs dozers and loaders and rock trucks. Actually a different coal company got a new job below my house:macho

Kilabanshee
04-12-2003, 07:42 AM
I ride up in hazelton pa and boy they are some bad *** trails and hillclimbs. If anybodys up in that area let me know and ill meet u up there

danyeo
04-24-2003, 06:29 AM
Does anyone ride at a place called the Black Desert?I was there a few years back. I think it was out near Shamokin. Very big pit with some sick hillclimbs.

250ex_guts
04-24-2003, 09:29 AM
i live in freeland about 10 minutes from hazleton and there are some nice hills around here in this area the cops dont care and i never saw or heard oh anythin happening on da hills except if it was there own falt and hey fliped down the only time its relly not god for ridin is when it rains it turns in to sorda like quiksand but other then that its awsome

RideRed400StYlE
04-25-2003, 10:49 AM
I live about 2 min away from the carbondale coal hills.. some good riding

onelow
05-10-2003, 01:26 PM
im up in the trevorton ashland area every weekend. treverton is also known as coal hill love the hill climbs.