PDA

View Full Version : Glow in the dark Powder?!?!

NoWingNoPrayer
03-30-2003, 12:10 PM
This ones kinda for Pappy.... i was wondering if you have ever done a glow in the dark powder coat and what it looks like..

the site has a box sample but its kinda vague.. its basicly the color of one of those glow in the dark stars wich isnt exactly pretty but when it gets dark:eek2: .

its the 4th down on the right side. (http://www.madhousemanagement.com/coatings/powder/specialfx_colors.html)

Pappy
03-30-2003, 12:11 PM
nope cant say that i have....but if i get a chance ill try some for ya

CHAUNCY
03-30-2003, 12:18 PM
Ive seen glow int he dark green, blue, pink, and some other colors. It seems like it would be cool to have glow in the dark parts if you ride at night.:cool:

NoWingNoPrayer
03-30-2003, 12:19 PM
If you could that would be awesome!!

thing is my friend just sandblasted his R frame today and is gettin his coated at a place in orlando for $200 and they only have glossy colors wich i think is kinda boring. but im gonna start rippin down the quad this week and then im gonna do about the same, but if you think that stuff is worth doing... im gonna need an address.:D

Pappy
03-30-2003, 12:22 PM
well if its a flouresant color i have some red here and i will shoot a piece and check it out for ya. its all up to you...i just do the work:p

NoWingNoPrayer
03-30-2003, 02:46 PM
yeah its a flouresant color with a white base coat but the name is glow in the dark. Im just wonderin what it would look like in real life. and how long the glow lasts and stuff. it might be a really hard powder to do too.

bmw500hp
03-31-2003, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by NoWingNoPrayer
yeah its a flouresant color with a white base coat but the name is glow in the dark. Im just wonderin what it would look like in real life. and how long the glow lasts and stuff. it might be a really hard powder to do too.

yep, we use flourescent colors that glow in the dark when painting our fishing lures! Chartreuese green over a pearl base with black tiger stripes looks awesome!