PDA

View Full Version : Cannondale

FastByDesign
03-30-2003, 07:32 AM
Has anyone heard if Polaris got sold to Cannondale yet??:confused:

Striker49
03-30-2003, 08:08 AM
WTF are you talkin bout? :huh

Pegasus owns CDale...there is no more Cannondale anymore and CDale could not afford to keep up its own company, much less buy Polaris.

Now, I am sure you meant that the other way around...but try doing a search next time. :)

FastByDesign
03-30-2003, 08:12 AM
Ooooooops, i ment did polaris BUY cannondale, oops, well ok

Striker49
03-30-2003, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by metz_125
Ooooooops, i ment did polaris BUY cannondale, oops, well ok

No. Pegasus II...an insurance company...owns Dale now. CDale owed them a big debt so Pegasus was a "stalking horse" in the matter and got ahold of CDale Corp for a bout 60% of its initial cost and they are not planning on opening the Motosports division back up. :grr

Check www.cannondaleriders.com for more info.

wyndzer
03-30-2003, 09:19 AM
Would it make sence for Pegasus to just disolve the motorsports division and loose everything they have put into it? Or would it make better sence for Pegasus to sell off the motor sports division once all the court stuff is out of the way and recoupe at least some of their money? I would rather take a 60 percent loss than a 100 percent loss.

rookiex
03-30-2003, 09:25 AM
My friend you hit the nail on the head......They won't disolve it...they are lookin to make some $$$$ here an everyone knows that the Cdale quads are awsome...You know this....I think they should cut off the dirt bikes....And sell out to someone else...

I think there is going to be another auction in the future

Leo
03-30-2003, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by rookiex
My friend you hit the nail on the head......They won't disolve it...they are lookin to make some $$$$ here an everyone knows that the Cdale quads are awsome...You know this....I think they should cut off the dirt bikes....And sell out to someone else...

I think there is going to be another auction in the future

yup, all kinds of fancy factory equipment, one piece at a time, for cheap :(

they'll make their money off the bicycle division, and dissolve the rest..

C'dales are awesome quads, but not very profitable it appears.

Leo

Glow Plug
03-30-2003, 10:01 AM
really sucks to heard that but well i guess there profit was waaaaayyyy down and they were making next to nothing on em :( i guess that the atv industy isn't ready for that level of quad :(

03-30-2003, 10:02 AM
So no more c--dale parts are avialable really.. just unelss someone is parting out or soemthing right?

rookiex
03-30-2003, 11:29 AM
Naw....they still are making parts...Now I HEAR that they are going to hold cdale and SELL everything to another company that wants cdale....

Think about this....

we all know that Peg. got them for cheap cuz they had money into cdale that was'nt paid back...Ok here comes the auction....Lets say....honda (jus persay)....Makes a deal with them, Peg. buys cdale temp. for only 60% of what its worth an then had a deal with honda that they would sell them for the full amount to honda...

Its as if this was all planned....I think they have someone lined up to buy them....They are not going to shut all the plants down....why not tempt someone with awsome machines....an a profit...I know for a FACT that cdale only had 150 quads to go to turn a big profit...So why not pass the foot ball to someone else...Someone who has been interested for awhile they just needed someone to buy them at the first auction so they could be ready for the second one...

Leo
03-30-2003, 01:16 PM

I know for a FACT that cdale only had 150 quads to go to turn a big profit...

Then went bankrupt while only being 150 units away from making a profit...?

Then how can they be so far in the red? :huh

Sounds like that FACT is more like a bunch of CRAP.

They had it all right except for the #1 rule of business.. you know, the make money part..

It's a shame to, because they were growing on me.. Almost bought a Blaze last fall (dodged a bullet there..).

Leo

03-30-2003, 01:21 PM
the whole efi and motor set up was dumb if u ask me, they could of made a 440 motor similar to crf in the aluminum chassis with better suspension and sold tons of them then once they got established put the cannibal into production, they could of spent more time testing it and maybe found cheaper ways of production

03-30-2003, 01:27 PM
i dont think you be getting anymore parts after they sell of the ones they have.. noly parts u be bying is used stuff.. c-dale goin down,. down, down, c-dale going DOWN

03-30-2003, 01:29 PM
down deep in the ground look around i dont see them they must be in the ground deep in the ground

AlaskaSpeed
03-30-2003, 01:32 PM
Keep in mind that what sounds "dumb" to you....like an EFI and Aluminum frame is very subjective. It sounds dumb to me to mod up an air cooled quad, but once again, that is subjective.

Leo, as for dodging a bullet; I wouldn't go that far. If you wanted the type of quad that Cannondale offers, you would put up with the bs along the way in exchange for about the biggest rush you will ever get riding a quad.

People that buy Ferarris and Porsches have maintenance issues, but ask em if they would trade em for a Ford Taurus or Dodge Neon...don't think so. Too many people that don't own Cannondales seem to have all the answers when they really don't know anything about anything.........my .02............JIM

03-30-2003, 01:36 PM
i dont think its dumb i think the amount it was costing them and what they were selling them for was dumb, if they had built a lil less radical quad and sold enough units to get everything set up nicely and test the cannibal during that time and then come out with it once they were established i thinkt hey would of been better off

AlaskaSpeed
03-30-2003, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by freeride132
i dont think its dumb i think the amount it was costing them and what they were selling them for was dumb, if they had built a lil less radical quad and sold enough units to get everything set up nicely and test the cannibal during that time and then come out with it once they were established i thinkt hey would of been better off

yeah...they did go all out all at once....

jcv400ex
03-30-2003, 03:19 PM
The concept of the quad was not a bad idea. It's a heck of a rush to ride these quads. The problem with Cannondale was the cost of R&D and bad management. Quality control absolutely sucked at the plant. Parts came in the door faulty and where installed on machines. Purchasing manager did not do a good job of selecting vendors to MFG parts. They paid ALOT for the parts on those quads. They could have easily cut cost by 30% on the quads without working too hard at it. They got in over their head on this one....

rookiex
03-30-2003, 03:23 PM
I think its soooo funny ppl loved the cdale everyone wanted guys wit decked out EX's wantin to trade for minor modded dales...I did too....Now that this happens everyone talks chit...lol

AtvMxRider
03-30-2003, 03:30 PM
I think its soooo funny ppl loved the cdale everyone wanted guys wit decked out EX's wantin to trade for minor modded dales...I did too....Now that this happens everyone talks chit...lol

WTF :huh

Leo
03-31-2003, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by AlaskaSpeed
People that buy Ferarris and Porsches have maintenance issues, but ask em if they would trade em for a Ford Taurus or Dodge Neon...don't think so. Too many people that don't own Cannondales seem to have all the answers when they really don't know anything about anything.........my .02............JIM

Let's face it, the motors haven't exactly proven themselves to be bulletproof.

Existing stocks of parts will go from hard to locate to impossible, and the price.. :huh

I hope somebody steps up and get's the motorsport division back into operation (I really do) because Dale was the only company willing to take the 400 class up a notch, not just add 200cc's, 200 pounds, reverse and call it "better"..

But if it's broke in the garage and it takes all summer to get parts it might as well be a lawn ornament.

Leo

jcv400ex
03-31-2003, 01:21 AM
Leo,

Alot of the parts were not made within the walls of Cannondale. The MFG's and a few people are working out a deal so we can get parts. They'll run off "X" amount of parts, it'll sit in a warehouse, and riders will be able to call them and order parts. I hope someone does still purchase them, but if they don't , I'll still be riding my quad and getting parts for it.

AlaskaSpeed
03-31-2003, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by Leo
Let's face it, the motors haven't exactly proven themselves to be bulletproof.

Existing stocks of parts will go from hard to locate to impossible, and the price.. :huh

I hope somebody steps up and get's the motorsport division back into operation (I really do) because Dale was the only company willing to take the 400 class up a notch, not just add 200cc's, 200 pounds, reverse and call it "better"..

But if it's broke in the garage and it takes all summer to get parts it might as well be a lawn ornament.

Leo

My point is that there is no other quad you can buy that delivers the performance and grin that the Cannonales do. I could never go back to a 400ex and be happy. Who cares if your Taurus starts and runs everyday, do ya look forward to the drive? There are options out there for us that own these quads....all it takes is money, as is true with all good things...........JIM

4punksdad
03-31-2003, 03:02 AM
I hope harley davidson buys the motorsports division. that would allow us to remain the owners of american made equipment, and give us a vast dealer network already in place.

like martin luther king jr............this is just a dream.

Striker49
03-31-2003, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by 4punksdad
I hope harley davidson buys the motorsports division. that would allow us to remain the owners of american made equipment, and give us a vast dealer network already in place.

like martin luther king jr............this is just a dream.

Them or Polaris...just for the experience Polaris has in the ATV market...and it would stay American.

Only time will tell though. :ermm:

If they would reduce the # of different models they made from 5 to 2-3 it would help greatly. There is no need for a Glamis edition. They really need to just focus on either the Blaze or Moto and either the Cannibal or Speed. That way you have 2 quads...one racer and one more casual cheaper rider/racer. :)

4punksdad
03-31-2003, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Striker49
Them or Polaris...just for the experience Polaris has in the ATV market...and it would stay American.

Only time will tell though. :ermm:

If they would reduce the # of different models they made from 5 to 2-3 it would help greatly. There is no need for a Glamis edition. They really need to just focus on either the Blaze or Moto and either the Cannibal or Speed. That way you have 2 quads...one racer and one more casual cheaper rider/racer. :)

if polaris buys them, mines for sale. I would rather push a honda than ride a polaris.

CHAR250R
03-31-2003, 07:10 PM
if polaris buys them, mines for sale. I would rather push a honda than ride a polaris. I'll second that. Never was a Polaris fan. Never will, either.

lil400exman
04-01-2003, 02:24 AM
not all polariss are bad people i have a cyclone and it rips man i now when i bought it was in disrepair but now that it is running and running good it smokes ex's 400 300 and all that on trails and starights it hangs with my r not on the mx track tho nuttin can beat the r their............:devil :devious: so dont bash a manfg. cause of a few apples they have had and i wouldnt want a harley quad cause harley knows squat bout quads but polaris has been around for a weeks ( fig use of weeks) for quads........................:)

lil400exman
04-01-2003, 02:26 AM
well i guess the qud bible prophecies are coming true................:ermm: :confused2 :macho kool..............................

Bill Fuller
04-01-2003, 03:50 AM
I would never ever ever ride a Harley Davidson bike or quad!What over priced crap,just imagine how much a quad would cost if it had Harley Davidson on it!I really hope Cdale (whoever) can get this thing back on track I really think they helped push the others to start doing more R&D to find out what we want.If they could get together I would seriously consider buying one.Just my .02 worth.

4punksdad
04-01-2003, 07:38 AM
there are a handful of harley shops within 40 miles of me..........................the nearest c-dale dealer is a few hours away. I'll pay extra for the harley name tag and my choice of dealer locations.

harley doesn't have to know squat about quads...........all they gotta do is buy c-dale & hire their people. the workforce is already in place, and so is the technology.

have you guys seem some of the new harley's? if not, you might wanna have a look.

Bill Fuller
04-01-2003, 07:50 AM
Look's nice how much $30,000.Rather buy two Honda's if they buy Cdale same thing

4punksdad
04-01-2003, 01:03 PM
if ya gotta ask how much.................you cant afford it. :o

thats why I ride this :)

breadman400ex
04-01-2003, 01:08 PM
This is what I rode until I traded for my quads

Ben
04-01-2003, 01:21 PM
Breadman - remind me again where you live in WV?

breadman400ex
04-01-2003, 01:27 PM
I am originally from Charleston, but I live in Clarksburg now....
where are you at again?

Ben
04-01-2003, 01:28 PM
I am based out of Charleston but am up in Morgantown for one more year of law school (graduate in May, 04) and then moving back to Charleston. Do you ever go to Pyramid Valley MX Park?

breadman400ex
04-01-2003, 01:28 PM
and I had this before I had the other one...

breadman400ex
04-01-2003, 01:30 PM
yeah we go sometimes... I have never raced there though... lol did you grow up in charleston? if so what school did you goto?

Bill Fuller
04-02-2003, 03:28 AM
if ya gotta ask how much.................you cant afford it. :o

thats why I ride this :) I can afford it as I said I would buy 2 Hondas before I would buy that overpriced pos:rolleyes:

jcv400ex
04-02-2003, 03:35 AM
Haha, okay Bill.....

cdalejef
04-02-2003, 04:21 AM
Originally posted by Bill Fuller
I can afford it as I said I would buy 2 Hondas before I would buy that overpriced pos:rolleyes: Hey Bill....wanna race my pos???;)

I seem to remember a certain POS climbing a big hill while a certain quad was stuck on the side of it because it wouldn't make it up!:devil

4punksdad
04-02-2003, 04:45 AM
:eek2: :rolleyes:

danyeo
04-02-2003, 06:52 AM
AS long as we can get parts us Dale riders will be out there. I actually got my Cannibal plus 2 boxes full of spares so I'm set for a while. Why do some people get off on sayin how CDale is gone and done, does it make you feel better about your ex?
I rode a 400ex for 3 years and i liked it but i always wanted more and i was very dissapointed after i spend a bunch of money on it. Lets see, a full Pro Circuit system was around $400, K&N filter which i forget the price but I'll stab at $50. Set of Razrs, WHite Bros rev kit. Rear skid, sprockets, nerfs. Well lets just say that even after the full pipe, rev kit, K&N, and playing with the jets and air box that it really wasn't that much faster than stock and all that crap winds up costing almost another $1000, and a Cannibal can probably take most 440ex's. KNock the company for making poor business moves but i dare you to take a Dale for a ride, you won't want to get back on your ex, unless you have spent a ton of money on it!

rookiex
04-02-2003, 07:00 AM
You all know my ol ex.....It was nice.....An I wouldnt trade that thing back for nothing over my dale.:D

danyeo
04-02-2003, 07:12 AM
Actually if i were buying a new quad the 400ex would be way down on my list. Nothing against it but it seems old to me. I would take a Z or KFX without blinking over an ex for the fact that it has liquid cooling, reverse, and a little bit more power. The DS is just too big and to me the Raptor is too narrow and tall. I know some of you don't like Polaris but i think with the Predator they really delivered. If i didn't have my Cannibal i would probably be riding the Pred, but the Cdale is just right. Nice and low and wide and eye watering acceleration. Just wonder if Honda will ever get back in the game?

Bill Fuller
04-02-2003, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
Hey Bill....wanna race my pos???;)

I seem to remember a certain POS climbing a big hill while a certain quad was stuck on the side of it because it wouldn't make it up!:devil Surely your not talking about me,never got stuck at Vanleer:confused2 Not saying anything bad about Cannondale at all full respect for them and thier product.Harley Davidson is a different story no need to start anything here.

breadman400ex
04-02-2003, 07:34 AM
were you refering to my post of my old bike? If so... I hate to tell you but it's not a Harley... it is a 2000 Suzuki Intruder 1400...

Bill Fuller
04-02-2003, 07:42 AM
no I was not refering to your post.

TheChknhwk
04-02-2003, 07:43 AM
Man, I don't care who steps up as long as it is someone & they stay in the US. It has the potential to be the reincarnation of the 250R, and plus I have yet to get some seat time on one.

cdalejef
04-02-2003, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by Bill Fuller
Surely your not talking about me,never got stuck at Vanleer:confused2 Not saying anything bad about Cannondale at all full respect for them and thier product.Harley Davidson is a different story no need to start anything here. LOL....no, I was talking about the Box Hollow race.

Bill Fuller
04-02-2003, 09:32 AM
Hey,that was me:D my scooter was willing, that damn tree was being rather disrespectful to my riding style:mad: Just thinking of that day made me wonder why I haven't heard from our buddy Marty,I told him that frog bites!:devious: :p

cdalejef
04-02-2003, 11:03 AM
LMAO