PDA

View Full Version : slip on help

civie
03-30-2003, 01:35 AM
i've got a 99 400ex and am looking to get a pipe for it. i haven't gotton one yet and i've had it for about 2yrs. my main reason is i ride in some areas where if i had a pipe it would be too loud i think. i mostly ride gncc and xc trails,i've been looking at the fmf powercoreivquiet and a mbrp. was wondering if anyone is running one of these and how loud are they. my friend has a powercoreQ on his kfx and it doesn't seem too loud.or should i not waste my money on these pipes? any help would be great thanks.

northeast400
03-30-2003, 02:00 AM
If you go to the bottom of the page and do a search you find all the info you need. my input is get an E-Series from White Brothers, it's ajustable and you can get a queit core for it.

Steve-o 400EX
03-30-2003, 03:17 AM
Originally posted by northeast400
If you go to the bottom of the page and do a search you find all the info you need. my input is get an E-Series from White Brothers, it's ajustable and you can get a queit core for it.

I agree, I also thin White Bros came out with a new pipe too, which is a quiet series. Take a look around the internet an maybe you can find something on it, i think its called the Q-series but not sure, i only saw it in a magazine once.

A pipe will always maximize you machines performance, but there is usually a general rule of thumb that prettymuch applys to all pipes, The louder it is, the more power it gives. The most power creating pipes are usually the loudest because they have less back pressure, so they can not put silencer cores and such things in because they are so restrictive.

ridered86
03-30-2003, 05:31 AM
i am a fan of the PC T-4, nice pipe and great quality too. good HP gains also.

zoom400ex
03-30-2003, 10:25 AM
i like me e series it is the best way to go, quiet and effective