PDA

View Full Version : Carrillo Rods

Sandragggen
12-16-2001, 09:06 PM
I need to know who's selling Carrillo rods. Any help will be appreciated.

wyndzer
12-17-2001, 06:41 AM
Curtis Sparks (http://www.sparksracing.com)

CBRSLIDER
12-17-2001, 02:26 PM
GT Thunder

Sandragggen
12-17-2001, 06:55 PM
Ordered the Carrillo rod today from Sparks. Thanks all.

wyndzer..In two weeks my ex will be in the shop to do what you've done to yours with exception of a 463/9i grind cam. I see that you are using the Sparks advanced timing key..I thought with alcohol you retard timing. Also did you have to get larger fuel line and/or a fuel pump with your alky mod for extended runs? What are you using as a top lube? How much top lube per gallon?

Thanks again
Jay

Chef
12-17-2001, 10:23 PM
you'll like that cam pudjumper, thats what ive got. its great :D

Sandragggen
12-17-2001, 11:43 PM
I think I will like it to. I currently have the 450/451 grind it made a big difference over the stock cam. I'm getting ready to do the 34mm intake valves/springs, cam as mentioned, Carrillo rod, studs, FCR41 with alcohol, ceramic coated 89.25mm piston, maybe the heavy duty cam chain and a new clutch/springs. While I have the cases split I'll go ahead and do bearings as needed. My engine builder wants to lighten the flywheel, but this thing already revs out good and I don't want to loose any torque. I already have the EX ported, hardened rockers and a full DMC exhaust. Hopefully the EX will run closer to my full race HPD Sport on alcohol. ;)

Chef
12-17-2001, 11:49 PM
lightening of the flywheel wont make that much of a loss in torque. i have mine lightened and i can still pull comp hill in 4th gear with 14/38 where the 416s i ride with pull it in 2nd with the same gearing and tires

Sandragggen
12-18-2001, 12:11 AM
Did your builder put the finished quad on a dyno? Right now I'm probably around 34-37hp. If these mods get me up around 45 or so I'll be happy. I'm going to kick the lightening flywheel thing around a bit. I'm curious what Fletch did to your combustion chamber. I'm thinking it might have something to do with the stroker.

Did I read someplace where you busted yourself up?

Chef
12-18-2001, 12:17 AM
do you know Fletch? and yea, i did mess up my left foot and ankle i broke a bone in my foot and sprained my ankle. he put a friends bike on a dyno, his is just like mine, but not stroked, and running the big gun exhaust. he got 47 at the rear wheel. i wonder what im getting with the stroker?

[edit] you will DEFINITELY want to do something with the clutch. my stock clutch lasted 2 rides. and thats not slipping the clutch except for take off, not even using to it to shift all that much

Sandragggen
12-18-2001, 12:53 AM
No I don't know Fletch except from your post. I was up a Rick Ritters place the other day and we did some figuring on what hp gains could be guesstimated with a 5mm stroke in my Sport. With a 86.5 bore and a 76mm stroke (stock stroke is 70mm) he figured around 5 hp gain from a 411 displacement to a 446 displacement. So just figuring a 435 displacement to a 472 you are looking at about the same difference between a 411 to a 446. I would say you are putting out 5 hp more than your buddies 435. 47 and 52 hp is impressive considering you started out with 26 or so.

wyndzer
12-18-2001, 05:51 AM
I use Pro Blend (http://www.pro-blend.com/tech8400.html) Seems to work very well. I did use larger fuel line, and with the FCR a fuel pump is not needed, for drag racing. I have not had a problem, and have mine switched over for about four months. I almost went with that cam.