PDA

View Full Version : wayne national ???

Fast61Falcon2
03-29-2003, 12:08 PM
what is the best ride area at wayne national. We have never been there and are thinking about riding there soon. Any tips would be helpful, thanks.

SLB400EX
03-30-2003, 01:21 AM
We ride the Athens area, right above Nelsonville. AKA Monday Creek. AWESOME place to ride.
There will be a load of people there the weekend of Apr. 18..the first big weekend of the ride season!!! Can't wait to hit the trails again..it's been a long winter. ;)

As for tips...just ride smart.
Be carful in the corners, some are tight & blind and that can be dangerous when you're hell-bent on the throttle. Same with the bigger hills, just be careful.
Depending on the exact area you're riding in(snake hollow, long ridge, new straitsville loop, dorr run, etc), the trails can be very very busy.

Anything else I can help with??????

Sher

Foxyangel0425
03-31-2003, 12:28 AM
are there trials out at NWF that aren't very tuff? I am not into the hole ruff and tumble trails :) .....and I am not a big fan of jumps are big hills either ;) (call me chicken...lol)

SLB400EX
03-31-2003, 12:51 AM
Hmmmm, that is kind of a hard question to answer. For the most part, the trail are not very hard, IMHO. Some sections, like snake hollow and dorr run inner loops are a little rougher than, say, the main corridor and the new straitsville loop.
Jumps....there are some jumps (nothing major mind you) along the trails that are a blast to sail off of but if you don't like jumping, you can always roll over them. ;)
Hills...nothing major. That's the one thing WNF really doesn't have---killer hill climbs.
http://www.fs.fed.us/r9/wayne/

Hit the ORV link on the WNF site, then hit the "Monday creek trail system" link, then look for the "Monday Creek ORV Area". There is a map there will will help you better understand the different sections I'm talking about and the lay out of the trail system.

WNF is an excellent place to ride, you should try it, at least once, then I bet you'll be hooked!!!!!

:devil

Holler back if I can help out any more.

Sher

Quadfather
03-31-2003, 11:13 AM
The trails at the Wayne are very user friendly. There are some parts that are harder than others, but nothing that someone with a little experience should worry about. If you have confidence riding your quad on any trails that have minor hills on them, you will be fine at the Wayne. The only downfall is, once you go, you will want to go every weekend. For me, that's a 3 1/2 hour drive, but well worth it.

SLB, did I ride with you and James S., and your husband last time I was there? He had just had a 440 kit in it? Am I right?

SLB400EX
03-31-2003, 12:52 PM
What's up quadfather!?!?
Yeap, that was Rob and I you met last fall. We rode the NS loop together that fri night. Rob's had his 440 kit in for a while though, going on 3 years.
You gonna be at WNF the weekend of the 18th?????

Later..Sher

Quadfather
03-31-2003, 12:53 PM
I hope so. I'm going to try to go. I got cabin fever like a mofo.

I just dumped a ton of cash into my EX, and I'm dying to see how it does down there.

Foxyangel0425
04-01-2003, 03:45 PM
any of you heading out this weekend? If the weather is nice we might head out there :)

SLB400EX
04-02-2003, 12:00 AM
foxyangel, WNF trails don't't open til Apr 15..no one will be there this weekend. :(

Foxyangel0425
04-02-2003, 12:45 AM
oh noooo, i thought they open before than!! Opppssss thanks for that update!! Boy that would have been a silly long ride for us!

buckeye400ex
04-02-2003, 08:42 AM
Quadfather, I'm in the same boat, I just dumped a bunch of cash in to my EX as well. See rambing sig. Hopefully we can hook up on the trails this year. I've ridden with Sher and Rob also. He's cool, jury's still out on her. :p Of course I'm joking.

chavez
04-02-2003, 08:59 AM
I WOULD LIKE TO HOOK UP WITH YOU GUYS WHEN YOU GO RIDING AT WNF I LIVE RIGHT THERE AND ALWAYS LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO RIDE WITH WHEN IM NOT RACING

400ex Magnum
04-02-2003, 09:15 AM
Wayne is a great place to ride. I plan on being there on opening weekend.

Quadfather - Email me when you plan on going to Wayne with your group. I will try and make it down. Britt won't be coming, he moved south. I see you put some money into your quad. Did you make any mods to the rider? :D (Just yanking your chain)

SLB - Are you and Rob riding on opening weekend?

SLB400EX
04-02-2003, 10:07 AM
Ok..Ok..

Buckeye...you KNOW you love me, admit it... :) lol. You even know the yella 400's are faster...just hate to admit it..that's why all you men who ride red, dump sooo much cash into them..gotta keep up with the yella ones, huh??
(man oh man..I'm gonna hear it now ehh? bring it on...)

Magnum....HECK yeah we're gonna be there opening weekend. Just when exactly remains to be seen. Weather pending... wouldn't miss it for anything. (knock on wood..we're not back from the dunes in one piece yet..lol)

Quadfather
04-02-2003, 01:55 PM
Magnum:

Only mod done to rider is- wallet has been lightened considerably, due to mods done to quad. Quad is faster, rider is probably not.

I'm trying to round up some buddies to head down opening weekend. Our next ride will be first or second weekend in June.

buckeye400ex
04-02-2003, 02:22 PM
Quadfather, don't let Magnum kid you, my daughter's LT50 is probably too much quad for him to ride at it's full potential. HA!

Me and Jimmy are deer hunting buds too, so we are allowed to make fun of each other. At least his quad isn't yellow. :D

Chavez, would love to have ya in with the gang some time. It's always fun. We'll post when are planning a big ride.

SLB, go eat a cheeseburger and fries so you might be able to fit your entire name on your butt this year, would ya?!

Quadfather
04-02-2003, 05:02 PM
At this point, me and at least one other guy will be down Friday the 18th. We'll be there by 1:00 pm. maybe earlier. We might even go Thursday night.

Buckeye: I'm used to Jims ribbings. I'm too old to ride like the puppies.

SLB400EX
04-03-2003, 12:03 AM
Quadfather, you guys gonna be at Camp Ohio??
Like Buckeye said, like to hook back up some time this year and ride..

:)

Oh, one more thing Quadfather....what was the color of your EX b4 you put the Maier plastic on??? Just wondering.
If it was indeed red..I won't hold it against you. After, it is yella now. lol

Later .. Sher

400ex Magnum
04-03-2003, 12:59 AM
Quadfather and SLB - My intentions right now are to head down to Wayne on Thursday night, the 17th and ride Friday and Saturday and head home on Saturday night (have plans on Easter Sunday). Not sure if the wife is coming along or not. She is riding at Silver Lake the weekend before and may not be able to take two Fridays in a row off.

Quadfather - Why don't you head up to Silver Lake the weekend before and ride some dunes with us? Should be an awesome time. We have about 20 people going up and some real fast quads. 3 440's, 1 predator, one modded Raptor, a couple of z400's, and a whole bunch of stock 400's. Good place to see how all of your mods work.

Foxyangel0425
04-03-2003, 02:05 AM
Is there a hotel near by that you stay at? We might head down on Friday night and ride Saturday (April 18th)

400ex Magnum
04-03-2003, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by Foxyangel0425
Is there a hotel near by that you stay at? We might head down on Friday night and ride Saturday (April 18th)

There is some hotels in Nelsonville or Logan. Do a yellow pages search on both of those towns. Just camp at Camp Ohio. Way more fun. Opening weekend is riot at Camp Ohio.

Foxyangel0425
04-03-2003, 05:42 AM
Originally posted by 400ex Magnum
There is some hotels in Nelsonville or Logan. Do a yellow pages search on both of those towns. Just camp at Camp Ohio. Way more fun. Opening weekend is riot at Camp Ohio.

Oh really? Now don't get me wrong i am not a big girly girl but do they have showers and such there?

SLB400EX
04-03-2003, 06:11 AM
:)
Camp Ohio has nice, clean showers.
After a long day's ride..there is nothing that compares to hangin' out around a camp fire with this group. Very entertaining to say the least. lol.

Quadfather
04-03-2003, 06:43 AM
SLB- We will be staying at CampOhio, and my quad had/has yellow plastic. I put yellow stock back on.

Magnum- I might get there Thursday night, if not, I'm gonna leave very early Friday morning.

Jennys440'Dale
04-03-2003, 06:44 AM
Buck- you like Sher and I even though our quads are yellow!?

I'd like to go down when WNF opens, but after coming back from Silver Lkae, I am not sure if we will have enough $$.

Foxyangel0425
04-04-2003, 05:56 AM
we will all have to hook up than!!

yellowex01
04-04-2003, 07:47 AM
Sounds like I may have to make an appearance then...:) Need some more trail time on the R..

Steve you know that I am the most important person you know:)