PDA

View Full Version : pilot plog? sudgestions, please help

300EXrider02
03-29-2003, 07:52 AM
on my 300ex, from starting throttle to mid throttle it sputters, and chokes, and has no power, i cant pop any wheelies becasue it wont accelerate, it is almost like the choke is on.........but after half throttle it does fine

now, i changed the main, fiddled with the fuel screw, took off air filter, changed gas, spark plug, and ae-adjusted the needle

what else could be casueiing this? could the pilot jet be plogged or something...how could i get it unplogged? or how many turns is everyones fuel screw out? i am at 500 feet or so, so how many turns out from when it is seated??

when seating the fuel mixture screw, do you screw it in till it stops or until it gets hard then back out 3 or less turns?

please help me, i called all dealers, and posted before, the nexy thing is to bring it in, i really need help

mysticfalcon
03-29-2003, 08:05 AM
make sure its screwd in. my buddy had his main come unscrewed and it made the quad act realy funny.

300EXrider02
03-29-2003, 09:02 AM
the pilot pr the main? i know the main is tight, i havent checked if the pilot is plogged or loose though, or if it is even a possiblity

300EXrider02
03-30-2003, 02:15 AM
i checked the pilot nothing wrong...anyother sudgestions? does it need more or less fuel? :( :(

GrounD PoundeR
03-30-2003, 02:33 AM
One thing you can do is make sure the air filter is clean, check your throttle for play. Worst case it may be coming from another problem. Clutch plates slipping....:confused: As new as your 300 ex is you shouldn't be having any clutch or throttle problems. What where you doing before you noticed the sluggish throttle response? Dont tell me you woke up one day and went to the garage and whammo it was like that.:p I'll look in my service manual to see what it recommends. You may have some grime in your carb and it may need to be cleaned out.

300EXrider02
03-30-2003, 03:38 AM
alright thanks...
a few weeks back i changed the oil and oil filter, it ran great....then i took a-arms and shocks off, which took a while, and when i rode it when it was done, that is what i did!
air filter is very clean, the only thing left to try is fiddle more with the fuel screw and clean the carb, but even that seems it wont work:(

300EXrider02
03-30-2003, 07:53 AM
:(

GrounD PoundeR
03-30-2003, 04:18 PM
You said you changed the oil did you put the filter in correctly...and add the correct amount of oil. Putting more oil in then what is need can be worse than not enough oil.