PDA

View Full Version : pissed off neighbor

jaywoodsrider
03-29-2003, 03:07 AM
Well, we were riding on the roads last nite around my house and one of my neighbors got pissed and called the cops. They showed up around midnight, luckily we knew the sheriff and he just gave us a warning. I guess the megamax II was a little too loud, hehe.

Fender Bender
03-29-2003, 03:11 AM
Eh, it happens. Our neighbors call the cops no matter where we are riding. Finally the cops just stopped coming when they called because every time they came i was riding in my creek:rolleyes:

03-29-2003, 03:13 AM
yeah some neighbors really suck the big one. but as long as your on your on land your all good:blah

sport400
03-29-2003, 06:08 AM
Funny this subject just came up, I was riding out a field down the street a little bit, today, that is in the power lines, but the neighbors mow it off in the summer so the kids can play sports in it, but it is a part of the power line. So I'm out riding in it, all the snow had just melted so I'm ripin it up and playin in the mud, and here comes this guy, " we work very hard keeping this area nice for the neighborhood kids to play in the summer." I should have said thank you, considering I am a neighborhood kid, and I was playing in the field and having a blast, but I didn’t, instead I came inside, called the power company, and most of our trails in our town are all power line trail's anyways, so I called and asked if I could have permission to ride in the field, and sure enough they said go for it, so now the neighbors cant really do much, but boy, wasn’t that guy pis*ed!

Instinctz
03-29-2003, 06:25 AM
It actualy sounds like you should say, "Sorry" and find some other part of the line to ride (which doenst sound like a problem for you). Dont be an ***, just because you have permission.

sport400
03-29-2003, 06:35 AM
Well actually, I was really nice, and I didn't even begin to speak my mind, and I did say sorry many times. I kind of lost my balls when he came out, then gained them again after he left, LOL. But the point of why I did call and get permission, is that the guy was a rich snob and was a jerk to me, also since my sport is 2WD and my sportsman's 4WD broke, I cant get out passed that field seeing it is mud season and all, and there is about a 4 feet deep mud hole just beyond where I was riding!

Sportrax10
03-29-2003, 08:10 AM
You should have reminded him that you were a neiborhood kid too, and you were having a fun time.

RoadkillerRyan
03-29-2003, 11:15 AM
ya today someone called the cops on us and we got busted like a 60buck fine or somthing, I was thinking about registering, should I?

jaspurx
03-29-2003, 11:43 AM
he was just jealous because he does not have enopugh cahones and brains to ride too!!! i hate those types who have no business minding our business.

Leo
03-29-2003, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by sport400
Funny this subject just came up, I was riding out a field down the street a little bit, today, that is in the power lines, but the neighbors mow it off in the summer so the kids can play sports in it, but it is a part of the power line. So I'm out riding in it, all the snow had just melted so I'm ripin it up and playin in the mud, and here comes this guy, " we work very hard keeping this area nice for the neighborhood kids to play in the summer." I should have said thank you, considering I am a neighborhood kid, and I was playing in the field and having a blast, but I didn’t, instead I came inside, called the power company, and most of our trails in our town are all power line trail's anyways, so I called and asked if I could have permission to ride in the field, and sure enough they said go for it, so now the neighbors cant really do much, but boy, wasn’t that guy pis*ed!

Why rip it up?

Crap like this is what gives us all a bad name. Just go somewhere that's out of the way (must be a lot of spots on the powerline) and let it hang out.. Don't go ripping up the local field.. DUH..

Leo

toby400ex
03-29-2003, 12:14 PM
If i had a place to ride i wouldnt be abusing my right to do it.:ermm:

-=Skot=-
03-29-2003, 02:33 PM
:rolleyes:

kicken250x
03-29-2003, 03:31 PM
im with Leo all the way on this one. move to another spot. dont screw it up for every1 that rides those lines dude....use some since...:rolleyes:

Ryan
03-29-2003, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by jaywoodsrider
Well, we were riding on the roads last nite around my house and one of my neighbors got pissed and called the cops. They showed up around midnight, luckily we knew the sheriff and he just gave us a warning. I guess the megamax II was a little too loud, hehe.

Solution: Don't ride on the roads :o .

petralph
03-29-2003, 05:34 PM
Geez that suxs, i have the good fortune of living in a town where almost everyone rides, on any given day there is usually about 5 or 6 quads parked infront of the bar (legally angle parked i might add)

petralph
canadian eh

CHAUNCY
03-29-2003, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by petralph
Geez that suxs, i have the good fortune of living in a town where almost everyone rides, on any given day there is usually about 5 or 6 quads parked infront of the bar (legally angle parked i might add)

petralph
canadian eh

Gezz, you are lucky.

SGA
03-29-2003, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by jaywoodsrider
I love quads. I dont love people riding next to my house 12:00 at night with a loud muffler. You should go and apoligize to your neighbor. I hope you can see your only making it harder for yourself and the rest of us doing stuff like that.
And to the guy "ripping up the field". Well, that was not very bright either. You may have won the battle, but your losing the war, for all of us.

jaywoodsrider
03-30-2003, 04:43 AM
from now on when i ride at night, i'm gonna put the stock muffler back on