PDA

View Full Version : silver maier race cut on 400ex pics....

QuadJunkies
03-29-2003, 02:54 AM
I done a search for a few pics and I seen lots of threads, but not any pics.. Does anyone have pics of silver plastic with race cut fenders? and How many peices are there to buy so I know Im ordering all the plastic??:confused: I am amxious to order..:D Also I keep hearing its a pain in the butt to mount up.. why is this is its made to fit??? Who else makes thesilerr and does it look as nice as maier? thanks for your help............Tina:)

honda_racer199
03-29-2003, 03:48 AM
There are three pieces to this plastic, Front Fenders, Rear Fenders, and Gas Tank Cover. I just installed mine, and I can't seem to get the ON-Off Valve hole for the gas to fit properly. The plastic is a pain to put on I think. But, in the end the result is really nice. I'd show you a pic of mine, but my batteries are dead to my camera.:grr Hope I could help.

QuadJunkies
03-29-2003, 03:51 AM
Originally posted by honda_racer199
There are three pieces to this plastic, Front Fenders, Rear Fenders, and Gas Tank Cover. I just installed mine, and I can't seem to get the ON-Off Valve hole for the gas to fit properly. The plastic is a pain to put on I think. But, in the end the result is really nice. I'd show you a pic of mine, but my batteries are dead to my camera.:grr Hope I could help. well.........get those batteries charged up and shoot some for me tomorrow please??????:D I keep hearing the plastic is a pain.......why is this if its made to fit I wonder?:confused:

QuadJunkies
03-29-2003, 03:54 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
well.........get those batteries charged up and shoot some for me tomorrow please??????:D I keep hearing the plastic is a pain.......why is this if its made to fit I wonder?:confused: should I order new black plastic to go around the headlights and the black strip down the side of my stock plastic... does the maier replace that or is it separate??Sorry for all the dumb questions, but I want it to look nice.....;)

type3tom
03-29-2003, 04:28 AM
If you get the race cut front plastic(which you cant run the stock headlights) the side panels are molded in, its only on the stock front plastic that has the seperate side panels and the opening for the headlights,but they dont sell the black plastic piece that goes under the headlights.I just found out after recieving my green plastic from them(to replace the blue) a couple days ago that they dont make a green tank cover yet.Just ordered the Hiper Tech. wheels with green beadlocks to match the plastic,should hopefully look good.

Tom

QuadJunkies
03-29-2003, 04:36 AM
well. I want my headlights..:( so now I guess I have to rethink this whole thing now.. Im glad I asked now, I like to dune at night, so I def want my headlights... ~~type3tom ~~btw .... thats one nice ride you got there!!! OHHHHHHH, i bet that it gonna look real nice with green,... I wanted a set of hipers too, you got a link so I can look at ???? What other plastics are out there that look good??This is my anniversary prsent :D so I am going to want to order something in the next few weeks..Thanks for you help............ Tina:)

Razorback
03-29-2003, 04:57 AM
You could always get aftermarket lights and still run the race cut plastic.

QuadJunkies
03-29-2003, 05:11 AM
Originally posted by Razorback
You could always get aftermarket lights and still run the race cut plastic. this is true... you think it would look good?? Im just having a hard time getting a visual... :( I tried to look up some pics of the race cut plastic and had no luck with any good pics... I like the fullbore too but gosh,.talk about spendy:eek: I would like to go with this .......Silver, and black I think(or do you think red would be better) hipers(black beadlock) black and silver seat cover embroidered"400ex" in the center of seat,with flames on side of cover then Ill do a cumston flame job not sure on colors for flames yet...any suggestions?

ny300exrider
03-29-2003, 05:14 AM
you can do what my freind did and buy the fulls fenders,keep the headlights,then cut them the way ya like.id personally do that because i love the lookk of stock 400 lights

Dune Surfer
03-29-2003, 05:45 AM
Hey quadjunkies, Here is a pic of my trailteck lights. Much brighter than stock. I never use my stock lights now and ride at night in the desert all the time.
I think silverfox runs silver plastics, I saw a pic one time and they look great. Thats what my next set will be.

Dune Surfer
03-29-2003, 05:47 AM
Front view. One bulb is missing in this pic. I replaced it, the bulbs are cheap

QuadJunkies
Originally posted by ny300exrider
you can do what my freind did and buy the fulls fenders,keep the headlights,then cut them the way ya like.id personally do that because i love the lookk of stock 400 lights So the silver maier full fenders come to where you can still use the stock headlights?;) Thanks dune surfer.. Ill see if he could shoot me a pic or two..;)

QuadR8cer12
I like mine with the red and blue combo:D :devil

QuadR8cer12
03-29-2003, 05:50 AM
another.. (I just got it finished so I have been posting alot of pics of it on the web site lol)

QuadJunkies
03-29-2003, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by QuadR8cer12
I like mine with the red and blue combo:D :devil I like it too!!! :blah

QuadR8cer12
03-29-2003, 05:54 AM
I like it too!!!

Thanks!!

.......when is you going to come out and all of us do some freestyle?? I just got the EX fixed up and I am ready to do some filming!! how are your daughters cordovas coming??:blah

QuadJunkies
03-29-2003, 05:59 AM
Originally posted by QuadR8cer12
Thanks!!

.......when is you going to come out and all of us do some freestyle?? I just got the EX fixed up and I am ready to do some filming!! how are your daughters cordovas coming??:blah haha..well, she is doing them a lil better..:p We are going to make her a wheelie bar for summer and get her doiing a few on here mini,she isso light and she has some good torque, so she should be able to get her front end up in no time..:cool: time to get this girl a set of shocks for jumping too.I am thinking on making a video with music ect.. this summer of our duning trip.there is going to be so many of us and a few exriders thought it would be cool to tape it

QuadR8cer12
03-29-2003, 06:06 AM
Nice!!I want to see the video when its done!!when you get her wheelie bar set up get a dgital video of her doing some wheelies and put it in the vids section!! I cant wit to see them! Good luck!

hondamxer161
03-29-2003, 06:19 AM
has anyone thought of putting an 88 style 250r hood on their ex plastic? this would solve the problem of buying race cuts and running a headlight...plus i think it would look really cool, and be no different than putting a flat hood on ex plastic or a carbon hood on racecut........just an idea....

mike

mxracer89
03-29-2003, 06:35 AM
i like my colors

mxracer89
03-29-2003, 06:36 AM
. the glar from the sun mad it hard to see it a little

QuadJunkies
03-29-2003, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by mxracer89
i like my colors nice!! you got any close up shots? hondamxer161~~~ I am one that likes to go different than everyone else, I dont like to blend thats why I do my own graphics... I like your ideas !!!!but I dont know what it looks like... got any pics of it??? i was looking around trying to find a scoop or sometinhg different to put on the front i guess im just not looking in the right places i guess and I dont know what will fit ...

infantry317
03-29-2003, 07:04 AM
I love this one ;)

QuadR8cer12
03-29-2003, 07:16 AM
If your looking for a good hood I think mine is pretty trick..

QuadR8cer12
03-29-2003, 07:18 AM
another

hondamxer161
03-29-2003, 08:40 AM
i dont have any pics qj. in fact i just have an r, not an ex, thats why i thought of it. i have a flat hood and an 88 hood with a light i can swap out if i need it....lotta people puttin r hood on stock ex plastic so itd be exactly the same....i know rico did a good job of the r hood on ex....

mike

HONDAofTROY100
03-29-2003, 09:08 AM
i like my color combo... the mcdonald's look.. lol :p

Sick0
03-29-2003, 10:46 AM
I will have to get some more pics. I have Silver race cut plastic with a quad tech hoo. I think it looks sweet and no body around heres has it.

gncc571
03-29-2003, 11:28 AM
check out their web site it might help you some www.maier-mfg.com

slates74
03-29-2003, 11:45 AM
heres my old 400

www.geocities.com/sickstyleatv/sean.html

speedy400
03-29-2003, 12:50 PM
one more with trailteck headlights

Twisted450rx
03-29-2003, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by infantry317
I love this one ;) wut type of graphics is that??

QuadJunkies
03-30-2003, 05:15 AM
Originally posted by infantry317
I love this one ;) ME too!!!!:blah At one time, I thought I saw a quad with silver full fenders and stock headlights on the forum..but I cant remember who it was...:( Thanks for all the good ideas, this gives me lots of ideas to think about.;)

QuadJunkies
03-30-2003, 06:30 AM
well I didnt find the pics of it in silver, but I did find this one in black(which looks darn good too I might add!!):blah I like the plastic with stock fenders the best;) I can always cut the fenders.. ,So you think red or black would be the best main color to work with?? I was thinking black with hints of red and a touch of silver in the flames im going to do on my custom graphics......

QuadJunkies
03-30-2003, 06:31 AM

400exr
03-30-2003, 08:25 AM
I found this bike on the forum, is this the one your looking for?

Chanman420q
03-30-2003, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by 400exr
I found this bike on the forum, is this the one your looking for?

that is awesome... thats gunna be my next color

Dune Surfer
03-30-2003, 01:03 PM
Mine too. Thats the best looking 400 I have seen!

CowsBitePeople
03-30-2003, 02:57 PM
Im gettin some black race cuts....since it took out the light i got these lights before i get the plastics to see how they work and they work great!!Brighter than stock :macho ....I mounted them under my front fenders....

03-30-2003, 03:04 PM
QJ heres my silver plastics

QuadJunkies
03-30-2003, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by 400exr
I found this bike on the forum, is this the one your looking for? ooolllaalllaaa!!!:blah thats it!!! I ant wait to get my graphics done ,it should look real good...:cool: cowsbitpeople..that is an awesome idea for duning!!!! Ill have to keepthat in mind if I get a set for night duning...;) fourzerozero... those race cuts look mighty fine!!! Im going to cut off the fenders on our predator this week I cant wait to see how it looks...:p