PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody switched from LRD to Sparks exhaust?

Giz400ex
03-28-2003, 05:56 PM
I was wondering if anybody here switched from a LRD exhaust to a Sparks (x-6) and if ya could tell me your opinion?? I know that Sparks makes the most hp from a stock but to me that could be bunch of BS. Not every 400ex is gonna run the same in the world. I now have a LRD and I'm looking for a change and was wondering people's opinion that have switched!!

shamisc
03-28-2003, 08:39 PM
I love everything about my X-6 but the finish! It absolutely sucks!! Unless you like that rust appeal! If I had to do it all over, I would go with the Hetrick. It has awesome looks, sound, and unbeatable performance for the money! If your looking for an X-6, mine is for sale, I think I'm going to try the Hetrick. It's at HPC right now getting Jet-Hoat coated. It's only 3 months old but it will be better than new b/c the new finish has a lifetime warranty! Let me know. shamisc@yahoo.com

03-29-2003, 12:05 AM
how much does hetrick cost and is it a low or high end pipe??? Are they really that good?

Giz400ex
03-29-2003, 12:44 AM
I know I probably seen the Hetrick but can't remember it!! Is there somewhere I can see a pic??? Is the Hetrick and HMF the same pipe or are the seperate?? Thanks

Tommy 17
03-29-2003, 02:35 AM
www.hetrickracing.com

hetrick looks identical to lrd, sparks, ct... if i remember right casey told me along time ago when they were 1st being made that all 4 of those pipes are made by the same place in ohio and just get a differnt sticker put on them and a few other lil changes between them...

Big - D Racing
03-29-2003, 11:25 AM
I have the x-6 for over a yearand have no rust what so ever. Mine is the cermaic coated version. If yours rusted, probably it got a efective coating or it was their stainless steel version, which tends to look real ugly after a few rides because of color changes. Jetcoat puts the exact same coating that the pipes cme with already on. Mine still shines. As for lrd and sparks being the same. I know they are not. The header design are completly different and the lrd muffler is shorter. From what I hear the sparks does has a better top end than lrd (I never rode lrd before). Can't say anything about hetricks performance, but they also have a completly different header style than sparks, and lrd. They may be made by the sam company, but all 3 are different, and all 3 will put out different numbers on the dyno. My money is with sparks as the winner.

Giz400ex
03-30-2003, 01:07 AM
Well, I'm trying get something different!! Where I live you either have a LRD, Sparks, CT,WB, FMF. The reason why I started this is because I've seen a Sparks in action and I like it, not sure about the noise. It is louder than my LRD but still I'm not sure about the perf. wise. I dragged race the Sparks and to tell ya truth, I beat up pretty bad!!! Were the same kind of rider and everything!! Also, I weigh about 50-60lbs more than him. What to do, what to do?????:confused: :confused:

cals400ex
03-30-2003, 03:49 PM
has anyone tried the lrd big bore pipe on a stock quad? just wondering because we all run these x-6's on a stock atv. i was just thinking that the big bore lrd might equal the power as the x-6.